CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shea Moisture Shampoo as a Clarifier?

2 posters

Go down

Shea Moisture Shampoo as a Clarifier? Empty Shea Moisture Shampoo as a Clarifier?

Post by Naturalin2010 28th October 2010, 9:58 pm

Can the shea moisture coconut & hibiscus curl and shine shampoo be used as a clarifier? Will this strip the product buildup. If so, what is the conditioner in the line to use to rinse out after washing.
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

http://kaynatural1.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Shea Moisture Shampoo as a Clarifier? Empty Re: Shea Moisture Shampoo as a Clarifier?

Post by LittleOne 3rd November 2010, 7:37 pm

Hi Naturalin2010,

No, Shea Moisture Brilliant Curl Shampoo will not clarify your hair. It's a very gentle, moisturizing shampoo - good for weekly use. As a general rule, shampoos made specifically for curls are not great clarifying shampoos. Curls turn out looking nicer when they are not totally stripped during the wash process.

So, even if you want to remove product build up, you should still choose a somewhat gentle shampoo. I usually recommend Nature's Gate Organics for removing build up, but there are others that would work just as well. HTH Smile
LittleOne
LittleOne

Back to top Go down

Shea Moisture Shampoo as a Clarifier? Empty Re: Shea Moisture Shampoo as a Clarifier?

Post by Naturalin2010 3rd November 2010, 10:45 pm

Thanks!!! I like it the way it feels on my hair and wouldn't mind using it every week Smile
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

http://kaynatural1.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down