CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it just me or does Target totally get it?

+18
Renny
CurlyChefRobin
Butterfly126
C.
Thetruthisoutthere
WilliT0206
Free2Be
natchralme
Curly1
curlya
thetiffany
suqiit
abovealltherest
simplysloan
Naturally Esq
Sebastain13
Islander3906
AimWard
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is it just me or does Target totally get it? Empty Is it just me or does Target totally get it?

Post by AimWard 28th October 2010, 9:04 pm

There was only one Target in my area that carried Kinky-Curly, Shea Moisture, Curls, and Jane Carter. Well, to my surprise, a Target closer to my home underwent the grocery store addition. Not only did they add fresh groceries they now sell all the brands I mentioned plus Twisted Sister (which I haven't used) and raw, scented Shea butter. They have everything strategically placed with the Giovanni's, Burt Bees, Nature's Gate, Yes to Cucumbers to the left and the Biolage, Bumble and Bumble, Kerastase, Deva Curls, etc. to the right. The Kinky-Curly, Shea moisture, Jane carter, Curls, Miss Jessie, and Twisted sister are in the middle on a featured end cap.

Their hair care buyer must be a natural. This is the first time I've ever been able to go into a one stop mass marketed shop and truly pick up everything I needed. From my head down to my toes. And for Target to carry shea butter... That almost brought a tear to my eye. I am so feeling Target right now. Wal Mart can keep their humongoloid aisle of boxed perms and Bigen dye, I will be at Target getting my shop on.
AimWard
AimWard

Back to top Go down

Is it just me or does Target totally get it? Empty Re: Is it just me or does Target totally get it?

Post by Islander3906 28th October 2010, 9:11 pm

Loving it! I have had this experience myself. I too was suprise. Now we sy we're going to tarj'et (pronounced tar-jshet) not TARGET!- I hope this make sense. I do agree with you.
Islander3906
Islander3906

Back to top Go down

Is it just me or does Target totally get it? Empty Re: Is it just me or does Target totally get it?

Post by Sebastain13 28th October 2010, 9:13 pm

I know what u mean
Where I live I have to go to several places to get the things that I need & thats very frustrating
One place that I have been the young lady in the store acts as if she knows everything about the product & I dont think that shes natural or even tried the product I know that its her job to get me to buy something but if u have no knowledge of the product wat good is it doing me
The Target that has some of the products Miss Jessie Curls Kinky Curly is about 20 min away or farther so I dont want to have to drive that far to get what I need so I hope that some of the other Target in my area will start to carry some of the products.
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 28th October 2010, 9:17 pm

AimWard wrote:There was only one Target in my area that carried Kinky-Curly, Shea Moisture, Curls, and Jane Carter. Well, to my surprise, a Target closer to my home underwent the grocery store addition. Not only did they add fresh groceries they now sell all the brands I mentioned plus Twisted Sister (which I haven't used) and raw, scented Shea butter. They have everything strategically placed with the Giovanni's, Burt Bees, Nature's Gate, Yes to Cucumbers to the left and the Biolage, Bumble and Bumble, Kerastase, Deva Curls, etc. to the right. The Kinky-Curly, Shea moisture, Jane carter, Curls, Miss Jessie, and Twisted sister are in the middle on a featured end cap.

Their hair care buyer must be a natural. This is the first time I've ever been able to go into a one stop mass marketed shop and truly pick up everything I needed. From my head down to my toes. And for Target to carry shea butter... That almost brought a tear to my eye. I am so feeling Target right now. Wal Mart can keep their humongoloid aisle of boxed perms and Bigen dye, I will be at Target getting my shop on.

I am just curious: which Target underwent the grocery store addition ?
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by simplysloan 28th October 2010, 11:04 pm

I really wish my Target would get on board.. Sad They discontinued the curls line instore.. (though I did end up scoring some products on the Cheeeeeeeap!) it makes me sad that more people didn't buy this stuff.
simplysloan
simplysloan

Back to top Go down

Post by abovealltherest 28th October 2010, 11:43 pm

I have always liked Target, but now I am loving them even more. I love all the hair products and the produce addition is such a plus!!
abovealltherest
abovealltherest

http://www.fotki.com/abovealltherest

Back to top Go down

Post by suqiit 29th October 2010, 4:56 am

I had always been a Tar-jay lover. But with their recent scandal (along with best buy), giving $500K to a republican candidate that openly opposes equal rights for gays.....

I can't do it, I just can't do it. Plus I would much rather get my shae butter from a local african shop, or order my KC online, or hell, even go buy it at whole (paycheck) foods.
suqiit
suqiit

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 29th October 2010, 12:03 pm

target has always been the place to be (lol) the targets in my area all now have fresh fruit and some groceries and natural hair products. there are only a couple that sell KCCC and Miss Jessie, but at any target in my area i can get burts bee, giovanni and the yes to line. i simply love target. they also have cute accessories Wink
thetiffany
thetiffany

http://embracingmycurly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by curlya 29th October 2010, 12:05 pm

I agree Tar-jay is the place!
curlya
curlya

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly1 29th October 2010, 12:11 pm

Hi everyone I'm new to this community and LUVING IT!...and wanted to Chime in on this! lol 2 thumbs up for Targets! Plus its only 15 short minutes away! Very Happy
Curly1
Curly1

Back to top Go down

Post by natchralme 29th October 2010, 1:01 pm

I agree. I think it's great that Target carries so many natural hair care lines. I'm hoping that other stores, like Walmart, will jump on the bandwagon.

I keep wondering, however, when Target will start carrying Kinky Curly. The KC website indicates you can already purchase there, but not so far in my area. Anybody else seen KC at your area Target stores?
natchralme
natchralme

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly1 29th October 2010, 1:27 pm

@natchralme I'm in the Boston area and I know for sure our Targets carry Karen product, Miss Jessies, and other I can't recall @ the moment. I'm going over there after work today to see if the have KC.
Curly1
Curly1

Back to top Go down

Post by curlya 29th October 2010, 1:44 pm

Yes. The Target here in Atlanta new my work carries Kinky Curly and the one near my home (about 45 min away) also carries Kinky Curly.
curlya
curlya

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2Be 29th October 2010, 2:27 pm

I've loved Target since college...the new additions in the healthy hair products arena makes me love them even more. However, I will add that my town is lucky in that although we don't have a Trader Joes or Whole Foods (which I also love), we have Earth Fare, which sells all the same natural hair care products. No more driving to Nashville or Birmingham for my hair supplies.
Free2Be
Free2Be

Back to top Go down

Post by WilliT0206 29th October 2010, 3:08 pm

This is too funny....I recently had the same experience. I was driving 15+ miles to a Target location that carried those hair products, and just the other day I went into my local super Target and they had the products, in-stock mind you. They also had the Kinky Curly when the other location is listed on the site but never got it in stock. I was very shocked and excited because they even had the Miss Jessies products in stock which are usually sold out.
WilliT0206
WilliT0206

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly1 29th October 2010, 3:29 pm

@Free2Be your in Alabama...my daughter attends Tuskegee University and is natural...we were trying to find places where she can buy products and keep up her hair. Do you know of any beauty supply stores in Tuskegee or places near there? I would appreciate any help!
Curly1
Curly1

Back to top Go down

Post by Thetruthisoutthere 29th October 2010, 4:00 pm

Go to your Target's customer service counter. Fill out a comment card requesting they stock more "Multicultural Brands" (their description). Follow it up with a comment to them on Target.com, Contact Us, Store merchandise.

Thetruthisoutthere
Thetruthisoutthere

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 29th October 2010, 6:12 pm

natchralme wrote:I agree. I think it's great that Target carries so many natural hair care lines. I'm hoping that other stores, like Walmart, will jump on the bandwagon.

I keep wondering, however, when Target will start carrying Kinky Curly. The KC website indicates you can already purchase there, but not so far in my area. Anybody else seen KC at your area Target stores?

You might have to wait a few weeks before you see it in stores. About a month or so ago I was on the KinkyCurly website and checked to see if any Targets near me sold their products, and it had my local Target listed, but the store didnt have it. Yesterday, I went in Target and I searched the hair aisle and couldnt find it. Then as I got lost in the store (new design + fresh foods/meats etc.) I turned around and the curling custard was staring me in my face, lol (it was on some random aisle near toilet paper w/ miss jessie's confused ).

I know a lot of Targets are redesigning their stores for the new produce/fresh foods, so maybe they're waiting to put some of the natural hair care products out til they have done the redesign. just a thought. . .

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly126 29th October 2010, 6:24 pm

I guess I've been living under a rock because I've NEVER been to Target! lol. I need to find one and check it out!
Butterfly126
Butterfly126

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 29th October 2010, 9:21 pm

Love, love, love Target!!! No fresh produce yet but they do carry all the good hair products. They even have the half size jars of the KCCC at my Target for $16 - a very slight but more expensive but that $30 per jar is a killer!!!
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 29th October 2010, 9:42 pm

I have never shopped at Target. Didn't grow up with them in Jersey. Walmart either, but they sure got my attention now. I'm up in that piece a couple of times a month shopping for hair stuff and the one near my job has the supermarket so I grocery shop a bit too.

They're smart. They saw the natural hair explosion coming and decided to get in on the business. Good for them and good for us.

Last edited by Renny on 29th October 2010, 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Trend - bad word)
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by pie 29th October 2010, 10:51 pm

natchralme wrote:I agree. I think it's great that Target carries so many natural hair care lines. I'm hoping that other stores, like Walmart, will jump on the bandwagon.

I live in the south suburbs of Chicago and my Target just started carrying KC. They were already carrying all the other lines. I rarely went to Target but now I just love going there. Mine also just recently added the fresh groceries in September......... Very Happy
pie
pie

Back to top Go down

Post by AimWard 30th October 2010, 5:19 am

Naturally Esq wrote:
AimWard wrote:There was only one Target in my area that carried Kinky-Curly, Shea Moisture, Curls, and Jane Carter. Well, to my surprise, a Target closer to my home underwent the grocery store addition. Not only did they add fresh groceries they now sell all the brands I mentioned plus Twisted Sister (which I haven't used) and raw, scented Shea butter. They have everything strategically placed with the Giovanni's, Burt Bees, Nature's Gate, Yes to Cucumbers to the left and the Biolage, Bumble and Bumble, Kerastase, Deva Curls, etc. to the right. The Kinky-Curly, Shea moisture, Jane carter, Curls, Miss Jessie, and Twisted sister are in the middle on a featured end cap.

The one on 'A' Street and Hesperian in Hayward (next to the mini airport).
AimWard
AimWard

Back to top Go down

Post by natchralme 30th October 2010, 10:04 am

@KCC09 and pie. Thanks ladies. I'll keeping looking (next to the TP, no doubt). Surprised
natchralme
natchralme

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 30th October 2010, 11:54 am

AimWard wrote:
Naturally Esq wrote:

The one on 'A' Street and Hesperian in Hayward (next to the mini airport).

I forgot about that one. Thanks
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next