CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trying Kinky Curly Knot Today Products

3 posters

Go down

Trying Kinky Curly Knot Today Products Empty Trying Kinky Curly Knot Today Products

Post by MissyCee 26th October 2010, 7:08 pm

I finally tried them all together... Ok, let me start over. I chopped in July 2010. Took a while but I finally did. I was wearing braids and weaves for the last two plus years. Not relaxer until I March I decided to get invisible braids. The braider said I needed a relaxer to make them look natural. I thought it over and did it. I relaxed and got the braids. I was happy a for about 1 month then, I was back to hating the fact that I got the relaxer, then what when I take them out?? Well. I tried to transition, that lasted about 2 months with wimpy, 4b, thin hair. So I buzzed it myself in the bathroom then 2 days later went to barber who shaped me up nicely. I have been watching and reading this site for ohhhhh about a year, so I've been a pre use product junkie for a while. I began with Miss Jessies, that gave a nice look, but, it was flaky with the curly pudding. I tried just a conditioner and my good old Olive Oil moisterizer, that was fine, but I wanted more definition. So, i broke down after reading about Kinky Curly products and got the Come Clean shampoo, Knot Today and the Curling Custard. I used the Custard before but it was goopy and left white spots so I decided to try then altogether to see if they would work together well. Well, they do. I like them. The shampoo leaves your hair squeaky clean, the Knot today left my hair soft and the curling custard made these nice little ringlets all over. I will stick with it and work out what's best for me and see how far this takes me. I hope to have a nice growth by January to begin twist outs. But, my question, now that it is getting cooler, how to work this in the mornings without going out with a wet head. I catch cold very easily. Well here are a few of my pics after trying this line of products.

Ok, I was having problems uploading my pics. Some help???? Laughing [img][/img]
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Trying Kinky Curly Knot Today Products Empty Re: Trying Kinky Curly Knot Today Products

Post by Treece 26th October 2010, 7:35 pm

Would love to see how the products work for you. Smile I could never get myself to buy them though, but it's nice to hear that it isn't a waste for you.

Uploard your pics to photobucket.com or imageshack.us (don't need to register here)
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Trying Kinky Curly Knot Today Products Empty Re: Trying Kinky Curly Knot Today Products

Post by rayray19 26th October 2010, 9:14 pm

I found that i still get definition with KCCC without having a wet head..you just have to use less of the custard and more of the KCKT

in the morning:
i lightly spritz my hair with water
add a good amount of KCKT
and then i add a lil bit of KCCC

This gives me enough definition (not as much if i soaked my whole head, but just enough to see some curls)
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 27th October 2010, 1:51 pm

K, rayray, I will try that. My scalp was dry last night though. Might be because that Come Clean really cleaned my head. I do use castor oil at night. I spray it on and massage it in for about 3-5 mins then put a silk cap on for the night. My hair is not too hard in the am. Would love some better ideas. I do buy a lot of stuff, but I am trying to stop and use what I have. My cabinets can't hold much more. No
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down