CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There is hope for the men of my generation

+4
Renny
QuirkyCurly
dajewel
naturallychelsea
8 posters

Go down

There is hope for the men of my generation Empty There is hope for the men of my generation

Post by naturallychelsea 26th October 2010, 12:55 am

Friday whilst in a group of friends the conversation steered towards this girl with a new wig. It was clearly a wig not only because it looked like one but because the day before her hair was much shorter. Now let me clarify I have nothing against wigs or weaves etc but what I hate is the 'must have straight hair' society we live in. Anyway a young black male said to me, after watching her for a while, that I shouldn't change my hair, that it was beautiful just the way it was. Take into account that I am transitioning and on some days my hair is quite frizzy and it is in a perpetual pony.

But this gives me hope that not every guy has been brainwashed and that some men in the younger generation appreciate what comes out of my scalp. woot!
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

There is hope for the men of my generation Empty Re: There is hope for the men of my generation

Post by dajewel 26th October 2010, 12:58 am

yes, hun. is true. men of all races marvel at our hair. its been such a rarity to see it, and so he is seeing you as a fresh breath of air. u will be getting it alot, i promise.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

There is hope for the men of my generation Empty Re: There is hope for the men of my generation

Post by QuirkyCurly 26th October 2010, 1:09 am

Amen sista! I know that felt so nice to hear Very Happy
QuirkyCurly
QuirkyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 26th October 2010, 8:49 am

@dajewel "breath of fresh air" love that

@natural... gurl you have no idea. I've been holding my breath since transitioning and expecting the worse
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 26th October 2010, 9:49 am

There's hope. When I was transitioning I purchased a huge afro puff and on the day I put it on when I came down stairs my 18 year old looked at me and said, "That's the hotness, Mom." There's hope.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeya 26th October 2010, 11:43 am

Men of all generations seem to embrace natural hair more. I never received so many compliments or men just in awe of my hair when i was relaxed!

Healthy, natural hair seems to suggest that you possess a confidence that's magnetic. I've found that it attracts confident men who appreciate a confident woman!
Takeya
Takeya

http://www.justtakeya.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 26th October 2010, 12:07 pm

I agree 100% Takeya. If a man has identity issues that cause him to seek out a woman with European features and hair do you really care what he thinks? Or want him as a potential mate? I say no. Let him go do "he". A confident man always wants a confident woman. A man who's insecure is always looking for a woman he can put down or abuse.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 26th October 2010, 4:59 pm

Amen Renny!!!

@ Takeya it's good to hear you raised your son right and he appreciates some natural hair
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by DaButterflyBAP 26th October 2010, 6:09 pm

Men don't know what they like. LOL!
DaButterflyBAP
DaButterflyBAP

http://butterflybap.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Treece 26th October 2010, 7:23 pm

This was wonderful to hear, more men should be more open, but I guess we all have our preferences.
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by kinksncurls 26th October 2010, 9:14 pm

I've had really good experiences with people in general with my natural 4b hair. I get lots more compliments than I did when I was relaxed. The other day a guy came up to me and said "that he was drawn to me spiritually because of my hair" Shocked a little much, but its nice that my hair is appreciated just the way it is Smile
kinksncurls
kinksncurls

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 26th October 2010, 9:29 pm

knk that story is hilarious. How do you even respond to that scratch
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down