CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am finally here

+3
TheRYL1
mstokes2008
jeanlouisangel
7 posters

Go down

I am finally here Empty I am finally here

Post by jeanlouisangel 24th October 2010, 1:41 pm

Hi guys...I am so excited to be apart of this forum..in this curly community. I have been natural for many years, but I feel like its brand new. Does that make sense. Since the early 90's I have been putting my hair up in ponytails and then in 2001 to commemorate my second son's birth I loc'd. I then did a BC (at least with the locs) in 2007. My world then opened up when a good friend told me to take gel and run it through my hair wet...The rest is history and has brought me to places like this...Really so excited for natural hair taking such an grand turn in my life. U feel me?

I am finally here Sept_218
kinkys and curlys...love it

jeanlouisangel
jeanlouisangel

Back to top Go down

I am finally here Empty Re: I am finally here

Post by mstokes2008 24th October 2010, 4:18 pm

Welcome!!! Your hair is gorgeous!!! What kinda products have you been using??
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 24th October 2010, 4:59 pm

Hey JLA...welcome to the Street! ;-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 24th October 2010, 6:53 pm

Welcome to Curl Street!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 24th October 2010, 9:46 pm

Welcome! Smile
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanlouisangel 25th October 2010, 3:50 am

Thank you very much for your warm welcome, Natural Beauties Very Happy

Thank you Mstokes!!! So kind, and you as well. I used Kinky Curly in that photo, and have used Uncle Funky's and just recently tried the eco custard. I began with just IC gel, and then graduated to the others. I just bought Aloe Vera gel. Have you tried it? What do you use?
jeanlouisangel
jeanlouisangel

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 25th October 2010, 7:14 am

Welcome to Curl Street
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 25th October 2010, 8:27 am

Hi Jean...

Welcome to CS!! I like Uncle Funky's Daughter products as well. Do you get the same results with UFD as you do with KCCC?

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanlouisangel 25th October 2010, 1:32 pm

Thank you Ladies!!!!!

@Kinky Nappy..Thank you. Yes I believe they are the same, but i love kinky curly because it will define curl thoroughly. I love UFD because its just one pump..lol...and it gives my hair more of a curly fro, instead of the jheri curl thing. But quite honestly I use both. What about you?
jeanlouisangel
jeanlouisangel

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 26th October 2010, 8:27 am

jeanlouisangel wrote:Thank you Ladies!!!!!

@Kinky Nappy..Thank you. Yes I believe they are the same, but i love kinky curly because it will define curl thoroughly. I love UFD because its just one pump..lol...and it gives my hair more of a curly fro, instead of the jheri curl thing. But quite honestly I use both. What about you?

well...some products you have to re-visit and that is what I've experience with KCCC. I haven't mastered using that product yet, so it's on my try again when I get more length list. Now for Uncle Funky's I love that stuff. It one of my 3 favorite products for WnG's. I've also done twists out with Curly Magic and the Extra Butter Cream. However, I'm a fan of MiraCurl as well. As you can see I'm sort of a product junkie... Very Happy
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanlouisangel 27th October 2010, 2:51 pm

Yes KNH, I am as well THE PRODUCT JUNKIE...LOL...I swapped my extra butter man Sad I didnt know I could have used it in conjunction with the curly magic...awww. Its all good. I just got the Qhemet Biologics, and I am excited about it. Needed the moisture. What are your other fav products you mentioned? How is MiraCurl? What do you like about it?
jeanlouisangel
jeanlouisangel

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th October 2010, 6:51 am

Well....since you asked! LOL

I found out about using the extra butter with the curly magic when I was in the shop one day. This sister had just gotten her hair done, and she told me the stylist twisted with both. Her hair was beautiful.

I love MiraCurl because I get cute WnG's with that stuff. I've used several methods with applying the product, but I like the way my favorite YouTuber CoilsKinksCurls applies it on damp hair. That way your WnG doesn't shrink up as much.

Then there is Bumble & Bumble... Mahogany Curls introduce this product to the forum. I must say that I like the way I can position my curls before they dry with this product.

Then my all time favorite is Curls Souffle' which I get from The Original Fragrance Shop here in Houston. I will say that it is number 1 on my list, and that is because my hair doesn't dry hard. Just soft and curly.

I like Qhemet Biologics, but for the last month I've been using AfroVeda products. I tried this product when I was about 2 months post BC, and I didn't like the results, but now...WOW. I'm using it for my twists and puffs so far. Was a Qhemet fan, but I'm trying the heavy cream as an overnight deep treatment. (tried this once need to try this again)

My PJ urges are really slowing down a lot.

Sorry I can go on, and on talking about hair products...
Embarassed
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down