CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NBC Nightly News features "I Love My Hair" video

5 posters

Go down

NBC Nightly News features "I Love My Hair" video Empty NBC Nightly News features "I Love My Hair" video

Post by Free2Be 18th October 2010, 8:00 pm

Did anyone watch the NBC News at 5:30 PM (CST) tonight? Brian Williams just introduced the segment by saying a Sesame Street video has gone viral on YouTube. He explained that the head writer at Sesame Street has an adopted Ethiopian daughter who was admiring the long, shiny hair of other little girls and so he wrote the song, "I Love My Hair" as a way to boost her self esteem.

It was just a teeny segment...they played like the first line or so, but I was glad it made national news.
Free2Be
Free2Be

Back to top Go down

NBC Nightly News features "I Love My Hair" video Empty Re: NBC Nightly News features "I Love My Hair" video

Post by curlya 18th October 2010, 8:03 pm

I didn't see it. But, I think that it is great to know the story behind it.
curlya
curlya

Back to top Go down

NBC Nightly News features "I Love My Hair" video Empty Re: NBC Nightly News features "I Love My Hair" video

Post by EmbracingNaturalMe 18th October 2010, 8:16 pm

I was going to create a thread for this but I see I didn't need to. I just saw it on ABC evening news. It is great! I watched the complete video on YouTube. It shows the puppet in all types of natural hair styles. She goes on to say that she loves her hair because she can style it so many ways. I would put the link for it but I do not know how to do that. This sends a great message to children with natural hair. Love it!
EmbracingNaturalMe
EmbracingNaturalMe

Back to top Go down

Post by EmbracingNaturalMe 18th October 2010, 8:24 pm

There are also two other threads on Curly Nikki showing this video and a similar one.
EmbracingNaturalMe
EmbracingNaturalMe

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsrenaissance 18th October 2010, 10:47 pm

I saw it too! Also couldn't believe it make national news, but it was a nice surprise Smile
mrsrenaissance
mrsrenaissance

Back to top Go down

Post by daygreen34 18th October 2010, 11:28 pm

There was also a segment on NPR today. I was soooo happy they covered it Smile

daygreen34

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down