CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone going green???

+3
Treece
Fleur
cluelesscurl
7 posters

Go down

Anyone going green??? Empty Anyone going green???

Post by cluelesscurl 18th October 2010, 11:24 am

I just started my journey and was wondering is anyone else doing the same. I also blog about my journey and would like to have some followers. Any tips/advice is much appreciated. Also, I'm looking to do some interviews to be featured on my blog. Giveaways will also be included once I get things moving. Thanks.

cluelesscurl

Back to top Go down

Anyone going green??? Empty Re: Anyone going green???

Post by Fleur 18th October 2010, 11:54 am

I am interested in this thread as well. I use oils, but I'm concerned about washing all that stuff down the drain and into the environment. I currently take Juice Plus vitamins (veggie and berry) to work on altering my hair from the inside and not on the outside (product junkie). I also take folic acid vitamins, ear lots of dark, leafy vegetables, and use peppermint oil instead of pills to help with headaches because I get them a lot. I rub the oil on my temples and instant aromatherapy! The headache goes away unless it's a migraine. I keep a food journal on my iPhone to see the effects of what I'm keeping in my body. Nolagirl has a thread in the challenge section about getting healthy hair and skin from within.

Kudos to you! Great post to get people marching toward a healthy lifestyle!!!'

Last edited by fleur_nouvelle on 18th October 2010, 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar)
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by Treece 18th October 2010, 1:09 pm

I started following your blog. So far I like your writing style, and the images for references (Such as your mango salad) I would love to go more green. With me, I try to do right by the environment, and my body as much as possible for ME.

I would love to eat more healthy. I have no stove in my dorm room so I'm stuck with snacks and fast food places, and things I can pick up at the grocery store. Next school year will be different though because I do love to cook. ^^

Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyNMixed 18th October 2010, 4:02 pm

I've been slowly transitioning over to "greener" living. I won't go completely, as there are some things that make my life easier that I just can't live without. Some of the items I've switched are my deodorant (just started using milk of magnesia, which is doing a great job), hair care products, cleansers, diapers and wipes, grocery bags, and I've been getting healthier food and trying to convince my family that they'll be happier in the long run if they eat the food. LOL!
CurlyNMixed
CurlyNMixed

Back to top Go down

Post by cluelesscurl 19th October 2010, 3:08 pm

Thank you ladies. I love the awesomeness (is that even a word) of going green. The journey continues...

cluelesscurl

Back to top Go down

Post by cluelesscurl 20th October 2010, 5:43 pm

I just posted my first interview with Treece. If any of you know of an eco-sista let me know I would love to interview her.

cluelesscurl

Back to top Go down

Post by suqiit 21st October 2010, 10:44 pm

I've been living a green life for the past 8 years. My friends affectionately refer to me as hippie, bohemian, etc. My children where breastfed, co-sleeping, cloth diapered, robeez wearing angels. We reduce, reuse, recycle everything. Our diets consist of only natural and organic foods, all grocery shopping is at the international farmers market and Trader Joes. I have no chemicals in my home (and I mean none). I clean the entire house with botanicals, Dr. Bronners, baking soda, vinegar and borax.

Over the years I've learned tons and gotten a very easy routine in place. Most people that visit my home are astounded to see just how easy my green lifestyle works. I do my best to make sure my children are conscious of my efforts as well, and they enjoy the things we do. And I do this all on a budget so tight it would make your head spin! I'm a divorcee single mom of two, full time college student (i.e. no job). I'm an open book, so if I can help at all, please let me know.
suqiit
suqiit

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinice 21st October 2010, 10:57 pm

I am definitely going green. We started a year ago. We are down to almost no chemicals. My husband loves using Lysol and I have not figured out how to convince to stop spraying it. We changed our diets, baby will have cloth diapers. we do not use dryer sheets, we use aluminum foil balls. we use a chemical. I am still learning. I like looking at www.savvybrown.com I will definitely follow your blog cluelesscurl.
Thinice
Thinice

Back to top Go down

Post by cluelesscurl 2nd November 2010, 8:58 pm

Bump

cluelesscurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 2nd November 2010, 9:06 pm

You know, I never received your email. Very Happy
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by cluelesscurl 2nd November 2010, 9:41 pm

I did
I'll PM you to make sure I got the right info thanks

cluelesscurl

Back to top Go down

Post by cluelesscurl 14th December 2010, 10:54 pm

BUMP BUMP BUMP

cluelesscurl

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 14th December 2010, 11:06 pm

Its been a slow transition for me over the years both in lifestyle and diet.

My dietary choices are primarily for health reasons (no factory farmed meats, fish, dairy, pastured eggs, local and organic when possible, etc).

Lifestyle is all about recycling (who doesnt??) reusing, reducing waste, not using unnecessary paper products, using healthier and environmentally friendly cleaners, reducing plastic, using reusable bags at the store, etc.

In terms of hair, well, its always a work in progress. I use plastic caps when I do henna - its impossible to rinse out and reuse. My products are mostly butters and oils. Gels are KCCC and KMF Upper Management. I try to use Aubrey Organics for shampoos, but its a bit harder with conditioners since I use so much ($$$).

I've seen her post here a few times, but http://www.greenyourdecor.com/ is a great blog supporting that lifestyle (check out her hair too!)

CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by cluelesscurl 31st December 2010, 7:56 am

Bump

cluelesscurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down