CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Substitution for Aveda Defining Whip

4 posters

Go down

Substitution for Aveda Defining Whip Empty Substitution for Aveda Defining Whip

Post by lillie 17th October 2010, 7:07 pm

I am on my fourth month of transition and, because of this website, things have been going rather well. Wink I recently bought Aveda's Defining Whip after reading the reviews and I absolutly love it. I provides great hold for my twist out on my thick shoulder length hair without making my hair feel hard. One thing that I hate about the product is the price. I was wondering if there is a product that provides the hold like the Defining Whip that is on the cheaper side. I tried Garnier Fructis Curl Sculting Cream/Gel and I was a frizz ball by the end of the day. Very Happy
lillie
lillie

Back to top Go down

Substitution for Aveda Defining Whip Empty Re: Substitution for Aveda Defining Whip

Post by Shaynatural 17th October 2010, 9:28 pm

I would Like to know the answer to that same question. I really want to try the aveda defining whip but it costs so much.
Shaynatural
Shaynatural

Back to top Go down

Substitution for Aveda Defining Whip Empty Re: Substitution for Aveda Defining Whip

Post by poeticlyspkng 18th October 2010, 12:09 pm

Hey ladies... Yes, I agree... I also LOVE the defining whip and it IS expensive! In fact, I have been hoarding the bit I have left for special occasions for that very reason. However, I have yet to find a product that mimics it. In fact, I tried the garnier gel/creme per Nikki and I liked it but my hair blew up at the end of the day after working out and a rinse didn't refresh it. Maybe someone will come in and save us but in the meantime I just keep holding out!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmie0810 26th October 2010, 5:04 pm

I'm about to try ORS Smooth n Hold Pudding & their Lock & Twist gel to see if I get a defined twist n curl. I wanted to try the Aveda but knew I'd be PISSED if I spent all the money & it didn't work. The gel is on sale at Sally's for 2.99. The pudding is 5.99. I can live with that if it doesn't work out but I'm hoping it has.

I love the GF cream gel but I've never done a twist out with it. I've only used it for my chunky twists I do at night to keep my hair from smooshing.

I also got the GF Super Stiff gel b/c it was on clearance at Target with the cream gel. On the back it says it's good for twists. I haven't tried it yet though but for 2.54, u might want to try it. It also comes with a free sample of shampoo.
Kimmie0810
Kimmie0810

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down