CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Braid-Out looks flat and boring...

+7
naturallynola
sweetdrk1
thetiffany
Niqui36
fanmnatirel
Free2Be
BigLipTiff
11 posters

Go down

My Braid-Out looks flat and boring... Empty My Braid-Out looks flat and boring...

Post by BigLipTiff 16th October 2010, 11:17 pm

Today was my first attempt at a braid out and IDK is just seemed so blah(I had about 20 braids)...I don't even know what to say or how to explain it so...Here's the pics. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Oh, I've done twist-outs before, but I wanted to try a braid-out bc of less shrinkage...my twist outs didn't seem this flat but it has been awhile so that could be inaccurate.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

That Henna! LOL

It's so blah to me...I'm so bumed about it bc I was really excited Sad

BigLipTiff
BigLipTiff

Back to top Go down

My Braid-Out looks flat and boring... Empty Re: My Braid-Out looks flat and boring...

Post by Free2Be 17th October 2010, 6:17 am

I am not any good with braids or twists, but I think it looks nice. Did you do all the fluffing everyone suggests?

And I LOVE the color. Is that henna over a commercial dye or just henna? That's a color I'm shooting for.
Free2Be
Free2Be

Back to top Go down

My Braid-Out looks flat and boring... Empty Re: My Braid-Out looks flat and boring...

Post by fanmnatirel 17th October 2010, 10:36 am

i was going to say: what are you talking about? flat? unless my eyes are getting bad...they look nice.
Now if you want it to be fluffy, you should probably separate them more but you'll get less definition and possibly some frizz....
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 17th October 2010, 11:39 am

Looks great to me! I've been tempted to try a braidout lately but I'm afraid it won't come out right.
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 17th October 2010, 1:20 pm

it looks great! i am trying my first braid out today and im so nervous to see then results. i probably only did about 12-15 braids
thetiffany
thetiffany

http://embracingmycurly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BigLipTiff 17th October 2010, 3:26 pm

@Free2Be, Thanks! yes that's over a commercial dye I got about 5 months ago.

@fanmnatirel, Thanks! I just didn't wanna separate too much and start to get too much frizz. maybe the braids we too small or something. I shall try again! I guess there's no such thing as volume without frizz??? LOL

@Niqui36, Thanks!

@thetiffany, Thanks! I think I'm gonna do less braids this time and see what happens. I hope yours comes out cute, post pics!

BigLipTiff
BigLipTiff

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 17th October 2010, 5:44 pm

It looks great, did you fluff it?
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 17th October 2010, 6:07 pm

Looks good to me too! I find a difference in my braidout depending on whether I do them on wet or dry hair and also which products and the amount of the product I use. I tend to be a little heavy handed sometimes and used too much KCCC one day and talking about flat. Boy, not good. Let's say, that turned out to be an unplanned updo day.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaynatural 17th October 2010, 10:18 pm

If you do bigger braids your hair will look more fluffy and not so flat. I had that same problem before. And you can try putting perm rods on the ends.
Shaynatural
Shaynatural

Back to top Go down

Post by BigLipTiff 17th October 2010, 10:35 pm

@sweetdrk1, Thanks! I didn't fluff too much I was trying to avoid frizz.

@naturalnolagirl1900, Thanks!

@Shaynatural, I think I am gonna try bigger braids next time. I actually used flexi rods on the ends this time though.
BigLipTiff
BigLipTiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mzbush 18th October 2010, 10:22 am

I agree. My braidouts usually look like that too (which does look fine) but when I want a fuller look, I use less product, bigger braids, and fluff. If you are completely dry before you take out the braids, you shouldn't have any problems with frizz. I tried something for the first time last night and it came out pretty decent. I put two strand twists on dry hair, then wet the twists after I was done. They came out full and defined. I will try this again and post pics if it works out like I think it will.
Mzbush
Mzbush

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 18th October 2010, 11:57 pm

@BigLipTiff....and they looks so shiny too!!! goodness.
What did you braid with?
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by Kez 19th October 2010, 9:32 am

Hey,

I would suggest like the others fluffing, i tend to concerntrate mostly on my roots and give them a little rub/massage!
I also sometime use an afro comb and give the flatter areas and gentle backcomb too for extra lift - i dont mind fluffing as i dont mind frizzing to a degree as my hair is so frizzy anyways lol.
This is me on Sat, wet braid out on transitioning hair, only did about 12, i have had no successes with braid outs but for me this one was!
I did use some hairspray with sucked the life out my hair til i washed it, so wont be using again for a while (its been ages til this time gone), but was worried my hair would drop lol!
But here you go, this is fluffing and backcombing - except last pic as was hot and 3am almost i think...so did get flatter! But i find it works!

So i'd say seperate them, then fluff and if needed, gently back comb the roots, but obviousky dont be rough with your hair when doing it! xxx
Kez
Kez

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=537223131

Back to top Go down

Post by BigLipTiff 19th October 2010, 7:38 pm

@fanmnatirel, Thanks, I braided with a shea butter whip I made! I didn't have to use much at all either! :-)

@Kez, I'm sooo trying that next time! Those are really nice results!

BTW: Those paparazzi-esque shots are HOT! lol
BigLipTiff
BigLipTiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 19th October 2010, 8:41 pm

I think the twist/braids look great
I just did my 1st two strand twist last night I was so happy about it bcause I did it myself thats what I am so happy about dance
Keep doing it & it will get better each time that u do it
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by Kez 20th October 2010, 4:06 am

BigLipTiff wrote:@fanmnatirel, Thanks, I braided with a shea butter whip I made! I didn't have to use much at all either! :-)

@Kez, I'm sooo trying that next time! Those are really nice results!

BTW: Those paparazzi-esque shots are HOT! lol

Ahhh thank you! Gave my camera to my friends co's it was getting annoying them
Keep saying, take another pic all the time ha ha!! Let ms
Know how it goes xxxx
Kez
Kez

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=537223131

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down