CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it safe to henna after a permanent color??

2 posters

Go down

Is it safe to henna after a permanent color?? Empty Is it safe to henna after a permanent color??

Post by BellaLuna 14th October 2010, 10:26 pm

Hello ladies! I had my hair colored last week and it wasn't the color I wanted Sad . Does anyone know if it is safe to henna after a permanent color? I refuse to use another chemical again
BellaLuna
BellaLuna

Back to top Go down

Is it safe to henna after a permanent color?? Empty Re: Is it safe to henna after a permanent color??

Post by freckledmom4 14th October 2010, 10:41 pm

I have used henna after permanent color without any problems.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Is it safe to henna after a permanent color?? Empty Re: Is it safe to henna after a permanent color??

Post by BellaLuna 14th October 2010, 10:43 pm

Do you know if it darkens or makes it brighter? Or does it depend on the henna? Sorry for all the questions, just want to fix it asap lol
BellaLuna
BellaLuna

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 14th October 2010, 11:08 pm

If your hair is dark you probably won't notice much of a color change, but if the color is lighter (blonde/light brown) it will give a red/orange hue. I have henna'ed several (like 15-20X) over the last couple of months and my hair has become a deep auburn color. My hair was reddish brown to begin with and I put permanent color in the front which made it lighter. My grey hair, however, is a copper color. Here's a picture from August:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Hope that gives you an idea.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 14th October 2010, 11:09 pm

The back is darker as you can see in my avi pic.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by BellaLuna 15th October 2010, 10:45 am

Thanks! Its a copper color and I want it to be darker so maybe I'll just wait for it to grow out and slowly trim it away
BellaLuna
BellaLuna

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 15th October 2010, 1:39 pm

Another option is adding amla or indigo to your henna mix to make your hair darker. Check out the hennaforhair page. Catherine gives instructions on what to mix with henna to achieve the color you want.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 15th October 2010, 1:41 pm

Another option is adding amla or indigo to your henna mix to make your hair darker. Check out the hennaforhair page. Catherine gives instructions on what to mix with henna to achieve the color you want.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down