CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kalpi Tone, Amla and Semi-permanent hair color

3 posters

Go down

Kalpi Tone, Amla and Semi-permanent hair color Empty Kalpi Tone, Amla and Semi-permanent hair color

Post by Curlyatlast41 19th January 2010, 4:25 pm

Sorry this is so long!! I really want to make sure that I don't mess up my progress!

I am 11 months post relaxer and trying to go completely natural (very slowly... I can't do a BC and admire those who do!). I started using Kalpi Tone and Amla approximately 4 weeks ago. I make a paste with 3 parts Kalpi tone, 1 part Amla, one cup of tea water and 1/4 to 1/2 cup of EVOO (Extra virgin Olive Oil). I let the Kalpi Tone and Amla sit in the tea water overnight and mix the oil oil to make a paste that resembles yogurt the next morning. I usually let the paste sit on my hair (with a plastic cap) for 4-6 hours. I don't have as much shedding as I used to and my hair is a little darker than before but I miss having black hair.

I usually use Clairol's Beautiful Collection Advanced Gray Solution semi-permanent coloring to color my hair black. I haven't used it in approximately 5 months as I wanted to try to give my hair a break from any chemicals. I have been thinking of using the color again but have been leery since I want to continue using the Kalpi tone and Amla.

Has anyone used the ayurvedic pastes when they have a semi-permanent color in play? If so, what were the results, please?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Curlyatlast41
Curlyatlast41

Back to top Go down

Kalpi Tone, Amla and Semi-permanent hair color Empty Re: Kalpi Tone, Amla and Semi-permanent hair color

Post by ChrsLvsBks 19th January 2010, 5:50 pm

I wish I could help you.

If you would like a more natural route to dark hair, you can use henna and indigo. I have done it at least three times since September. My hair is darker, and I love it.

I just read the kalpi tone box recently and how it can darken hair if left out a few hours. I plan to use it more in between my henna treatments to keep my hair dark.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Kalpi Tone, Amla and Semi-permanent hair color Empty Re: Kalpi Tone, Amla and Semi-permanent hair color

Post by envizionj 26th March 2010, 12:25 pm

ChrsLvsBks, have you noticed a big difference using the Kalpi Tone in between henna treatments? Has it really helped to darken your grays? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks in advance.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Post by envizionj 26th March 2010, 12:37 pm

Curlyatlast41, why do you add Amla with the Kalpi Tone if Amla is one of the ingredients of Kalpi Tone? Do you feel that there is not enough Amla in the Kalpi Tone? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ingredients:
Amla Fruit (10%), Maka Leaves (10%), Mandoor (10%), Japakusum Flower (9%), Narangichal (8%), Shikakai Fruit (7%), Kumari Leaves (7%), Kapoor Kachli (6%), Brahmi Leaves (5%), Methi Seed (5%), Wala (5%), Khadir Stem (3%), Chandan (2%), Neem Leaves, Sitaphal Seed Powder, Sugandhi Dravya.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down