CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

White Residue Please Help!!!

+3
Lynnieluve
laleepop14
kiki79
7 posters

Go down

White Residue Please Help!!! Empty White Residue Please Help!!!

Post by kiki79 14th October 2010, 12:29 pm

I just big chopped in September haven't posted pictures anywhere yet cause I'm trying to get used to how big my head looks with shorter hair! Anyway...I have type 4a, in the middle 3c in front, back, and sides. My problem is every time I wash my hair and add a moisturizer I always get white residue. I am using either Shea Moisture Curl and Style Milk, or plain coconut oil and I have tried a few other products with the same results. I usually apply when my hair is dripping wet, but I sometimes apply after blotting with a tee-shirt with the same results. I'm sure if I keep rubbing the product in the residue might go away but then my curls get all frizzy. Is there any product homemade or store bought that I could use to provide all day moisture without leaving residue, and doesn’t have to be rubbed in to the point of messing up my curls? Or is there some step or technique I'm overlooking? Or am I asking for too much...?
Thanks

kiki79

Back to top Go down

White Residue Please Help!!! Empty Re: White Residue Please Help!!!

Post by laleepop14 14th October 2010, 12:35 pm

I would suggest waiting until your hair has dried some, a little bit.. For instance when you finish washing your hair, wait a little bit before applying the products so that your hair has had some time to dry. Some products are meant for damp hair, not soaking wet. Also maybe you are using too much product which could result in the white residue. I learned this early on in my process. I always thought using more product would be more beneficial, but I have learned that less is more... Since its happening with multiple products not just a specific one, I would try the things I recommended, maybe they will help..

HTH!!!!! Very Happy
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

White Residue Please Help!!! Empty Re: White Residue Please Help!!!

Post by Lynnieluve 14th October 2010, 12:59 pm

You should try scrunching the product into your hair.