CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie--LOVES IT!

+11
naturallynola
LaToya28
Butterfly125
natural83
rayray19
jeanlouisangel
letha
Fleur
molove87
Shaynatural
devastatingdiva
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie--LOVES IT! Empty Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie--LOVES IT!

Post by devastatingdiva 11th October 2010, 9:06 pm

I bc'd on March 25, 2010 and I admit that I have been a product junkie ever since! I have probably tried just about every product there is for my 4b/c hair. I went to target over the weekend and purchased the Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie because I had been wanting to try it for months. OMG!!! I absolutely love this product. I used it for a twist out on damp hair after applying KC Knot Today as a leave-in. I let them dry overnight and when I took them out, my hair was soft and very defined with no build-up. And the smell...just makes you wanna eat it! I just had to share my experience with this product. If you haven't tried it already, you should. I will definitely be buying this again Very Happy
devastatingdiva
devastatingdiva

Back to top Go down

Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie--LOVES IT! Empty Re: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie--LOVES IT!

Post by Shaynatural 11th October 2010, 10:23 pm

I like the shea moisture smoothie too. It really makes my hair soft.
Shaynatural
Shaynatural

Back to top Go down

Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie--LOVES IT! Empty Re: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie--LOVES IT!

Post by molove87 11th October 2010, 11:40 pm

My hair has seen major improvements after using their products. I love the shampoo, it's like milk almost lol, but love love love the smoothie mix. Watch out for the white residue though, I used to apply too much and would suffer later. Good stuff.
molove87
molove87

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 12th October 2010, 1:10 am

Congrats ladies! I'm glad you all found something that works!
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 12th October 2010, 9:07 am

I cannot find this product yet in my local Target looks like its time to order..

Glad it worked out for you
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanlouisangel 12th October 2010, 11:44 am

Hello Ladies, If I cannot find it in Target, is there another place you know of that I can find it? Would love not to have to order.. Thanks Surprised
jeanlouisangel
jeanlouisangel

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 12th October 2010, 5:21 pm

yea shea moisture is a good product line..i had to stop using it because it was causing my face to break out real bad Sad..but i still use the shampoo
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 5th November 2010, 2:04 am

I think this will be my next new product to try! I have read some good reviews on it as well, so Im thinking I will more than likely be on the hunt for it soon! So are you guys using this as a leave in and/or a styler? Just curious to know what it is best used as.
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 5th November 2010, 1:03 pm

I'm so glad to hear good reviews on this product. I went to Target last night but only bought the conditioning masque and leave-in conditioner. I will be going back tomorrow for the smoothie Smile For those ladies that can't find it in their local Target, just try another Target. I had to do that yesterday. The one by my job had none, but the one by my house had it all. It think it probably just depends on the demographics of the people in the surrounding area. I am trying very hard not to get into products that I have to order.

Good luck!
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 5th November 2010, 1:15 pm

@Butterfly125 Yeah, i went on the internet to look up which Targets near me carried the product, and its showing the one near my house is out of stock, but there's another one that's not too far away that has it!

Going on the target website will save you all the trips of going from one to the next! With that being said, I will be purchasing this product today and plan to try it out this weekend! I'll try to remember to report back! Im excited! lol!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 5th November 2010, 1:45 pm

Natural83, I am going to do the same and will also report. Can't wait!!

One thing, though...I'm new to transitioning (my first couple months were spent in braids) and I'm still not sure sometimes whether it's the shampoo, conditioner, leave-in, gel, etc. that my hair does or doesn't like. Did anyone else experience this in the beginning?
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 5th November 2010, 5:57 pm

I just bought this product today so thanks for the great review! I hope it works as well for me.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 5th November 2010, 11:30 pm

Bought the Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie today & OMG, this stuff smells sooooo yummy! (Sniffing as we speak...lol!) Im trying it out on my hair tomorrow! Can't wait!!!!!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 5th November 2010, 11:47 pm

Butterfly, that is normal. Just be meticulous with maintaining a journal of what you are using, with what other product(s) and if your hair is wet or dry. Some products work better on dry hair and some on wet. So, give the product a fair chance. Good to clarify and not put products you are trying to evaluate on top of another product. Every wash day, I record all the products I use and how I set/style my hair and during the week, I jot down my observations also. Don't try more than 1 new product so you will be able to readily identify problem products. If you determine a product works well for you, note the first 5 or 6 ingredients and look for those ingredients in other products. Also, remember some product lines work better together as opposed to using a condish from one line and a shampoo from another. Also, if the manufacturer says it is for a certain type/texture hair, believe them.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 6th November 2010, 7:35 pm

Naturalnolagirl, thank you so very much for that advice! I mean it, really Smile, because when you are getting to know your natural hair and the products out there and all the information you get on sites like this, it can be overwhelming. Keeping a journal like that is something I can do, and it will definitely help me determine which products are right for me and it will help get rid of this "product stress" that I have...lol.

BTW i didn't buy the smoothie yet because I want to try the two other Shea Moisture products I have first...maybe next week.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 6th November 2010, 7:41 pm

Butterfly, good you didn't buy all 3. What if "shea" is not for you? Shea is not everyone's friend. If it is lower on the ingredient list, its okay for me, but if shea is the main or one of the main ingredients, my hair is not at its best. From your avi, it looks like your hair may be on the fine side, so be careful. My hair is very thick, but it doesn't like heavy butters. So, lotion consistency products work very well for me. Keep this in mind if you find heavy products are not for you. Also, you can whip the shea product if it is too heavy. Enjoy the discovery and journey. Don't let the stress monster get you Very Happy

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 6th November 2010, 11:54 pm

Wow, Naturalnolagirl, how long have you been doing this?! You are right, my hair is fine. I'm finding that because my hair is fine, I have to work at defining my curl, because it's kind of cottony and whispy. But on a brighter side, it is thicker than I ever thought it was. Thanks for you help Rolling Eyes
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 7th November 2010, 12:13 am

Not long. I am a new kid on the block. I am a long term transitioner. However, I did not actively consider myself "going natural" until September. Just never thought about it. Just decided in February, no more relaxers for me. Next wk will mark 9 months since my last relaxer. I am expecting to go another 14 - 18 months, depending on my trimming. I am observant and a research junkie. I find those 2 qualities have been helpful.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 7th November 2010, 12:33 am

I think those 2 qualities are fantastic, naturalnolagirl. Good for you! And good for me and others you can help. I'm taking your advice and I bought a notebook today while I was out just for my haircare journal. It's going to be really helpful, and I'm excited to have some direction.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 7th November 2010, 12:42 am

Good for you. That notebook will be a life saver.. You will look at it and see patterns and revelations that will make this a breeze for you. Also, maybe you won't become a pj like many of us. Really, I have products that work for me, but I am just curious and really I just like to always have a project and trying different products is a pass time!

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 7th November 2010, 1:16 am

LOL!! I know, I am curious about many products, too, but I'm really trying to keep my routine simple. I am one of those people who are drawn to pretty packaging (giggle). I know, it's silly Embarassed I am also obsessed with just having to have the entire line of a product, even though I know one or two things in a product line might work and the others may not. So I'm trying to break free from that, too. I have my issues.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie--LOVES IT! Empty I really wanted to love it but...

Post by msadenike 8th November 2010, 7:35 pm

It really just didn't do anything special for me. The smell was definitely a plus compared to the Sta-sof-fro I was using. But it didn't make my hair particularly soft. In fact it gave it a kind of stiffness. It seemed to lend itself to keeping twists firm. I have a bad habit of constantly twisting my short hair and my little twists stayed put! I guess if I had a different texture of hair that same stiffness might have lent definition to curls.They did have decent shine but what I was looking for was softness for my 4b TWA. I used less, more- it didn't change anything. Just nothing special. I went back to my original product and immediately got the softness I was looking for.
One thing I didn't do was use them both,:1) because I thought the Smoothie was moisturizing, too 2) I didn't wan't product overload (I used it with the Giovanni leave-in) or a more complicated routine. Maybe I should have...one in the am one at night? Does anyone else use it with other moisturizing pomades or gels? Does it turn white?
msadenike
msadenike

Back to top Go down

Post by Treece 8th November 2010, 8:05 pm

I bought this yesterday and suffered the same effects that I do with a shea butter mixture with it not spreading. I added water to it and was in heaven. Adding water makes it more of a Hawaiian silky consistency and IMO makes it more moisturizing. I am kind of heavy handed and I think I used too much because some of my 3b curls in the front were defined but are stiff, otherwise my hair is soft. I don't really care about defining my curls (have a product for that) as much as I wanted to have soft moisturized hair for longer than when my hair dries, and this did it for me even though I was skeptical lol.
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 8th November 2010, 8:46 pm

I'm jealous. I love this product and able to get fourth day hair but now that it's cold I have to shelf this product until the spring time Sad
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly3000 14th November 2010, 5:29 pm

I took pictures of my first experience with Shea Moisture. I contemplated for a while about purchasing this product but overall Im glad I did. Soft hair...these pics are from my second day braid out. I washed/deep conditioned my hair last Wednesday night and took them out Saturday night. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
butterfly3000
butterfly3000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next