CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie

+4
swt_sunny
curlycookies
quirky_curls
yacoomba
8 posters

Go down

Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie Empty Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie

Post by yacoomba 29th October 2010, 11:44 pm

I'm 10 month's into my transition and I have some of the above product I would like to use on my hair I bought at Target. Is anyone using this on their transitioning hair and if so what styles or how? With winter approaching I want to incorporate it in my weekly routine somehow. Any help would be great...thanks ladies! Very Happy
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie Empty Re: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie

Post by quirky_curls 2nd November 2010, 5:25 pm

I used that product while transitioning, and loved it!! I used it for braid-outs and bantus, without any problems!!
quirky_curls
quirky_curls

Back to top Go down

Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie Empty Re: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie

Post by quirky_curls 2nd November 2010, 5:25 pm

I used that product while transitioning, and loved it!! I used it for braid-outs and bantus, without any problems!! Hope you have good results too!
quirky_curls
quirky_curls

Back to top Go down

Post by yacoomba 3rd November 2010, 4:25 am

quirky_curls wrote:I used that product while transitioning, and loved it!! I used it for braid-outs and bantus, without any problems!! Hope you have good results too!

Thanks for the ideas-I've never done bantu knots before and I've always seen pics of other do them and how pretty they come out (may have to try that now). I think the time I've braided my hair before just to stretch it (not a braid out) it came out looking crazy when taking it down
Suspect . I have a grown out bob haircut from June that I normally would do big platts so maybe that is what messed me up the big platts. Anyway will try these techniques with the product! Very Happy
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post by curlycookies 10th November 2010, 4:18 pm

I tried it and honestly was a little disappointed initially. It didn't give me nearly the moisture I was expecting. Crying or Very sad

Now I use the conditioning milk with a little water and essential oils for a spritz for my twists. LOVE IT! Very Happy
curlycookies
curlycookies

http://cantbreakthiscookie.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by swt_sunny 10th November 2010, 6:43 pm

I am interested also to hear the responses to this as an almost 11 month tranistioner...Quirky curls & curly cookies - what was the consistency of the product? I'm looking for something that is thick, like a butter. They never seem to have it in the Target near me. Thanks for your help!!

swt_sunny

Back to top Go down

Post by yacoomba 11th November 2010, 9:42 pm

curlycookies wrote:I tried it and honestly was a little disappointed initially. It didn't give me nearly the moisture I was expecting. Crying or Very sad

Now I use the conditioning milk with a little water and essential oils for a spritz for my twists. LOVE IT! Very Happy
I have the hair milk also and I've used it a couple of times and it has been working great to revive moisture for me (so no complaints here also-lol). Did you use the SMS for twists also and it didn't give good results?
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post by NikiD1908 11th November 2010, 9:57 pm

I wasn't impressed at all. It left my strands coated with a thin film... Still holding out hope on the Hair Milk, but the Smoothie was returned without delay.

NikiD1908

Back to top Go down

Post by yacoomba 11th November 2010, 10:05 pm

NikiD1908 wrote:I wasn't impressed at all. It left my strands coated with a thin film... Still holding out hope on the Hair Milk, but the Smoothie was returned without delay.
Oh my its not looking good for the Smoothie-doesn't look like its going on smooth. Did you use it on dry or wet hair for your style or both?
Shocked
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post by NikiD1908 11th November 2010, 11:26 pm

I used it on both damp and dry hair. But in it's defense, I have low porosity hair so it could've played a factor. Regardless though, it felt filmy on my hands as well -- I just couldn't work with it.

I say try it for yourself. You may love it and if you don't, you can always return it :-)

NikiD1908

Back to top Go down

Post by jenerett 13th November 2010, 2:43 am

I used mine jar of it a few times. Then shelved it. The other day I opened and it was totally liquified! The consistency was so running and not thick and custardy like when I bought it. Its so weird. The top was closed so I can't figure out why that happened....
jenerett
jenerett

Back to top Go down

Post by yacoomba 14th November 2010, 2:11 pm

Hmm-I wonder if I try mixing it with something if it would help since it seems to be really thick/filmy as everyone has stated. I really hate for the product to go to waste(maybe when I start making my shea mix I will add a dollop of it in there to get rid of it depending on how it works out initially).
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post by curlycookies 16th November 2010, 2:09 pm

yacoomba wrote:
curlycookies wrote:I tried it and honestly was a little disappointed initially. It didn't give me nearly the moisture I was expecting. Crying or Very sad

I have the hair milk also and I've used it a couple of times and it has been working great to revive moisture for me (so no complaints here also-lol). Did you use the SMS for twists also and it didn't give good results?

I havent tried it on twists....I imagine with a good sealant it would be good, though!
curlycookies
curlycookies

Back to top Go down

Post by gettinback2myroots 17th November 2010, 11:32 am

@quirky_curls, DId you have a lot a new growth when you were using this product? I'm transitioning (3months post , 2 inches of NG), my new growth is dry and hard to detangle when dry. How did it work on your relaxed hair?
gettinback2myroots
gettinback2myroots

Back to top Go down

Post by curlycookies 23rd November 2010, 12:58 am

@gettinback2myroots try deep conditioning with Aussie Moist deep conditioner. Its one of my faves. When I use it on my hair, I can usually comb through my new growth relatively easily
curlycookies
curlycookies

Back to top Go down

Post by Vonnie 14th December 2010, 11:29 pm

I have tried it and it moisturizes my hair well but my hair is very fine. I also use the hibiscus shine and hold mist as welll. I like them both and they don't give me any problems. I am eager to try to the shampoo and conditioner but I will wait until I finished with what I currently using.
Vonnie
Vonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by gettinback2myroots 25th December 2010, 6:14 pm

@ CurlyCookies. Thanks!
gettinback2myroots
gettinback2myroots

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down