CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I gave my man the questionnaire...

+4
BlakButterfli
Nali1987
Free2Be
cdawnlujan
8 posters

Go down

I gave my man the questionnaire... Empty I gave my man the questionnaire...

Post by cdawnlujan 7th October 2010, 2:34 pm

I gave my man the set of questions that were on an earlier post on a man's point of view on natural hair and I really liked his answers! Just wanted to share..

How important is hair to overall attractiveness? Specifically, which styles (down vs. ponytail vs. bun) and lengths?hair is extremely important. I prefer when my woman’s hair is either straight or when it is curly (poofed out). I don’t like buns at all. I like at least shoulder length hair or the cute cuts that nape the jaw line.

Do you feel there is a ‘Natural Hair Movement’ currently occurring? Why do you think so many women are going natural (i.e. Do you think most women want to make a statement or to just stop relaxing)?

Yes there is but I think it’s tapering off. I think it had become really popular like 1 ½ years ago but lately I think women have went back to processed styles. I think that the women who are actually committing to go natural are doing so as a sign of freedom and redefining beauty. I think it is a statement but I would hope that it would become a motto.

Would you support your significant other if she decided to become natural?

Definitely! (side note, I am natural already lol)

Are you able to tell the difference in textures of hair? If your significant other were to go natural, would the texture of her hair affect your opinions on whether she should remain natural or not?Well the only difference I can truly tell is when she presses her hair. I love her textures so it doesn’t sway me either way.

Do you like or dislike when your significant other changes her hair style often (i.e. wigs, weaves, braids, flat ironed, wash & go)?
I am not a fan of wigs or weaves! I like when she switches it up.

Does the amount of time your significant other spends on her hair prove to be problematic?
I don’t think so because I would rather her spend time on it rather than spend her money on other people doing the same things that she could learn about and do herself. I think that a woman’s hair (especially a woman of color) should be a priority because it is a sign of health when a woman has a healthy head of hair.

How do you feel about the amount of money your significant other spends on her hair? Is there a point where the amount of money is a source of conflict? Is it acceptable for her to spend as much as she chooses as long as she looks fly?
She is free to spend as much as she wants; even though she doesn’t. I personally think that we should budget a certain amount per month to give her more freedom with her hair.

Do you think your significant other should consider your opinion when making decisions about her hair?
Yes but only minimal. Ultimately she has to be happy and satisfied with her hairstyle.

Why do you think women care about a man’s opinion when it relates to hair?
Women know that men see hair as one sign of beauty. A woman who loves her man will value his opinion of her hair and style.

How do you view women that wear weaves? Can you tell the difference between natural hair and a weave?

I cannot tell the difference between natural weaves and natural hair. I can tell the difference between straight weaves and straight hair. I personally don’t like when my woman wears weaves because her hair is so beautiful! I do however think that the natural weaves are sexy on a temporary basis.

How do you feel about satin sleeping bonnets or any type of hair scarf?

They are a necessary evil. I have locs therefore I sleep in one also so who am I to judge…haha. There are times however when the scarf should be left off to allow your man to play in his treasure!

Does it matter to you whether your significant other’s hair is relaxed or not?
Since I have knowledge of the long term affects of relaxed hair then yes it does matter. I don’t see anything wrong with relaxing one’s hair but not as option 1 every time.
cdawnlujan
cdawnlujan

Back to top Go down

I gave my man the questionnaire... Empty Re: I gave my man the questionnaire...

Post by Free2Be 7th October 2010, 4:11 pm

You're blessed to have someone so supportive in your life!
Free2Be
Free2Be

Back to top Go down

Post by Nali1987 7th October 2010, 4:15 pm

Free2Be wrote:You're blessed to have someone so supportive in your life!

Co-signs! Very Happy
Nali1987
Nali1987

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 7th October 2010, 5:01 pm

lol - He gave good answers, C!
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by cdawnlujan 7th October 2010, 6:48 pm

Thanks everyone! When's are next meet up Trina??
cdawnlujan
cdawnlujan

Back to top Go down

Post by Treece 7th October 2010, 7:24 pm

I loved those answers and these are great questions. I will have to asky my man this soon just to hear what he will say. Smile
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 7th October 2010, 8:17 pm

Great answers! As for a meet-up, what do you think about getting a group together for the UTA expo next month? Several girls mentioned in my CSJ that they plan to attend it...just an idea. Smile
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by krys419 7th October 2010, 10:22 pm

cdawnlewis. hi just wanted to say I love your hair and it looks great BUT you have to understand that your curl pattern is considered pretty and acceptable in society. hair that is kinkier people have a more negative opinion.

like the other ladies who posted and myself, our hair texture is what peoples have the problem with. not yours

Once again your hair does look great :-)

krys419

Back to top Go down

Post by Kez 8th October 2010, 10:32 am

Awwww your hubby gave lovely answers, I will try and get my hubby to answer it, will be short sharp and sweet i bet ha ha!
Could be interesting as he is White (part Cypriot), and im White too, so I think his knowledge could be more limited than your guys - but we'll see!
Oh and i LOVE he thinks you should actually have a budget so you can spend freely each month on your hair - Good Man lol! Smile
xxx
Kez
Kez

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=537223131

Back to top Go down

Post by Kez 8th October 2010, 6:29 pm

Hey ladies, here is my hubbies take on the questionaire - not bad considerering i thought he didnt really know much about it all, especially as its not really in his day to day cutlure (or rather hadnt been so to speak)

How important is hair to overall attractiveness? Specifically, which styles (down vs. ponytail vs. bun) and lengths?
I believe hair is extremely important when assessing a womans attractiveness. I think women should try to refrain from having hair styles that do not suit the shape of their head or their specific image as this often results in a women looking far less attractive as they usually would. I much prefer longer hair but on the right women short hair can be equally attractive. I personnally do not like any form of shaven head on a women even if its part of a style ie part shaved. I prefer more natural looking hair than a sprayed back pony tail.

Do you feel there is a ‘Natural Hair Movement’ currently occurring? Why do you think so many women are going natural (i.e. Do you think most women want to make a statement or to just stop relaxing)?
I wouldn't have noticed. I can only comment on what i see and that is often extensions, hair dye and a variety of styles that can only be held in place by an abundance of hairspray. (im guessing he is saying not much natural going on here where we are - true as well!)

Would you support your significant other if she decided to become natural?
I do. (im trasnsitioning - he also see with my curly perm a while back which 'looked' natural - he got a shock but grew to love it i think!)

Are you able to tell the difference in textures of hair? If your significant other were to go natural, would the texture of her hair affect your opinions on whether she should remain natural or not?
I think so and I believe since she has gone natural i much prefer it.

Do you like or dislike when your significant other changes her hair style often (i.e. wigs, weaves, braids, flat ironed, wash & go)?
I wouldnt mind if it was less frequent. (oops, im a nightmare for changing my hair, short, extensions, red, brown, black - in the past though!)

Does the amount of time your significant other spends on her hair prove to be problematic?
Sometimes but i understand quality takes time.

How do you feel about the amount of money your significant other spends on her hair? Is there a point where the amount of money is a source of conflict? Is it acceptable for her to spend as much as she chooses as long as she looks fly?
I think in life you must pay for quality and often the finer things in life are expensive so its certainly not an issue. Maybe it would be if we were to struggle financially??

Do you think your significant other should consider your opinion when making decisions about her hair?
Yes but only considor and to know she has considered it.

Why do you think women care about a man’s opinion when it relates to hair?
Because its the clothes you never take off and clothes are an important factor in todays society. (Side note - Look at my quote in my signature - he has never read that - love we said the same thing - perfect match eh?!)

How do you view women that wear weaves? Can you tell the difference between natural hair and a weave?
I dislike it when its a poor weave and the differnce becomes obvious.

How do you feel about satin sleeping bonnets or any type of hair scarf?
I dont really like it if im honest - but i appreciate it is necessary. (Side note - i'll be honest, i dont feel to attractive in mine either so neither of us are fans lol!)

Does it matter to you whether your significant other’s hair is relaxed or not?
Not really. (then i reitterated what it meant lol - he was thinking it was straightening, like with straightners lol - he said 'oh no, i dont really like that then' lol)

My husband has put up with many styles and trials and tribulations with me, he has always preferred long hair, which i know, but i like all lengths, I had short with longer at front - he did like it, but took agggges to get him to be happy with me doing it as i did and do consider his opinion as mentioned - without sounding arrogant, I have been lucky to be able to get away with lots of different styles and colours and get what seem like genuine compliments too - but i know he prefers my hair longer - which right now i do - and he isn't a Curl worshiper either if im honest, but he said, its my hair and how it is meant to be and he loves that - some of Afro's i point out i love, he isnt as keen on, truth be told, i think he finds them overwhelming lol! Again, i guess not in his culture so much and he has not grown up with it day to day . . .but hey, at least he will get used to my afro gradually whilst it grows steadily lol!
But he's doing good, he pays attention and even said my 'hairs looking really healthy lately since you've been doing all that stuff to it' -meaning looking after it - awww, bless!

Anyone else got hubbies/partners to do it? xx
Kez
Kez

Back to top Go down

Post by cdawnlujan 8th October 2010, 6:30 pm

krys315 wrote:cdawnlewis. hi just wanted to say I love your hair and it looks great BUT you have to understand that your curl pattern is considered pretty and acceptable in society. hair that is kinkier people have a more negative opinion.

like the other ladies who posted and myself, our hair texture is what peoples have the problem with. not yours

Once again your hair does look great :-)

Hi there! Thanks for the compliments! I wear my hair curly and out and it's bigger than in my avitar. In response to the above bolded, some people at my job actually have said some pretty hurtful stuff about my hair when it is out and big. That goes for not only people of different races, but my own race as well. But thanks again for the sweet compliments!!
cdawnlujan
cdawnlujan

Back to top Go down

Post by krys419 8th October 2010, 11:27 pm

cdamnlewis

aw no problem. your hair looks really soft! And i just find it crazy how people think they have the rigth to say something about our hair or like they have the right to grab it..lol...

What is your staple product?

krys419

Back to top Go down

Post by cdawnlujan 9th October 2010, 1:07 pm

krys315 wrote:cdamnlewis

aw no problem. your hair looks really soft! And i just find it crazy how people think they have the rigth to say something about our hair or like they have the right to grab it..lol...

What is your staple product?

Well, I have two products I have to use everyday and it's Elasta QP Olive Oil and Mango butter moisturizer and EcoStyler Olive Oil gel-I on occasion use coconut oil or argon oil to seal my ends, but the first two products I have to have in order to keep my hair from going crazy! lol Razz
cdawnlujan
cdawnlujan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kez 9th October 2010, 3:43 pm

*hubbies...though he is my Hunnies too :-) (pedictive text on phone) x
Kez
Kez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down