CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curl Pattern, Heat Damage & growing it out!

2 posters

Go down

Curl Pattern, Heat Damage & growing it out! Empty Curl Pattern, Heat Damage & growing it out!

Post by swt_sunny 27th September 2010, 12:22 pm

Hi Ladies -

I've been transitioning for the past 9.5 months, I know I will make it to at least a yr and hope to continue until 18 months. I've read lots of posts about heat damage causing certain sections of hair to have a looser texture/straight etc. Have any of you noticed a looser texture in your hair during transition that grew out to match the rest of your head by the time you chopped? I'm not too too concerned right now as I plan on going another 9 months, but am a little anxious when I finally do bc. I have a section in the front right side that is almost straight - very lopsided looking while the other side curls up beautifully. If it wasn't in the front of my hair I probably wouldn't care, but it does seem quite noticeable to me.

swt_sunny

Back to top Go down

Curl Pattern, Heat Damage & growing it out! Empty Re: Curl Pattern, Heat Damage & growing it out!

Post by Lynnieluve 27th September 2010, 12:30 pm

What you described sounds like heat damage. Since you plan to transition 9 more months, a lot of it would have grown out by the time you BC.

I would suggest you limit your flat iron use. If you do decided to use heat, use a good heat protectant before you flat iron in the future.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down