CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2nd Day Hair????

+2
Curlock Holmes
devastatingdiva
6 posters

Go down

2nd Day Hair???? Empty 2nd Day Hair????

Post by devastatingdiva 27th September 2010, 7:10 am

I see pictures of people with all this gorgeous hair with a caption saying that it's 2nd, 3rd or 4th day hair. Oh, how I wish I could achieve that. I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to achieve 2nd day hair but for some reason that is just not possible for me. I can style my hair one day and it looks great but as soon as I sleep on it, that's it--no matter if I cover my hair with a satin scarf, satin bonnet or just leave it out. Anybody have any suggestions at all on how I can achieve 2nd day hair????
devastatingdiva
devastatingdiva

Back to top Go down

2nd Day Hair???? Empty Re: 2nd Day Hair????

Post by Curlock Holmes 27th September 2010, 1:14 pm

do you use any sort of styling product like gel, butters, etc? That may help. Also, if nothing else is helping you, you can just put your hair in twists again at night (not really small ones, as big as your hair length will allow you to) and sleep on those. If you do the retwisting method, add a little moisture to your hair to help it set.
Curlock Holmes
Curlock Holmes

Back to top Go down

Post by devastatingdiva 11th October 2010, 8:56 pm

I use a styling product every time I twist my hair. I guess I'm just hoping that one of these days I will wake up and my hair will look just as good on the 2nd day that it did on the first. I guess I was just being lazy because I didn't want to have to retwist every night but I have tried and this has helped--Thanks CurlyDee Very Happy
devastatingdiva
devastatingdiva

Back to top Go down

Post by molove87 11th October 2010, 11:22 pm

Lol this is a usual for me. I tried to re-twist and sleep on them again, and it actually worked. I tried to "pineapple" my hair?? OH NO I looked like something crazy the next morning lol! so I won't do that again. I only re-twisted around my edges and pinned the back up, and it looked decent. I'm still working on getting past one day too so DON'T feel alone.
molove87
molove87

Back to top Go down

Post by courtrhapsody 12th October 2010, 2:35 pm

I wear a wash and go and not a twist out, but I recently was told by my stylist to tie my hair "up", to come up from underneath the curls and use the scarf sort of like a headband pushing the hair upward in a puff direction. Think Bride of Frankenstein. Then in the morning I remove the scarf and shower with a bare head but do not put my head in the water, just let it get steamed and misted. Then it falls from gravity and I can fluff it a bit and wear it. I also spritz a little bit. BUT, the tying the hair in an upward direction made ALL the difference for me. When I tied the hair down or used just a bonnet I never, ever had second day hair.
courtrhapsody
courtrhapsody

Back to top Go down

Post by greenyourdecor 12th October 2010, 9:38 pm

I guess it depends on perception too. On the first day, I always feel like my hair looks a little too "perfect." On the second day, it's bigger and frizzier and I'm happy with it. And I generally fall asleep with my hair out. I TRY to sleep on a satin pillowcase, but I usually wake up off the case. Pineappling my hair doesn't work, because it stretches it out and it looks flat and funky in the morning. Not a good look.

I think retwisting at night is a great idea though. I used to have this problem with my daughter's hair too, until I started retwisting her hair at night. Nothing too small. I'd do huge, chunky twists, as big as I could get them without having the ends unravel. It made her twist outs last a LOT longer.
greenyourdecor
greenyourdecor

http://guillotineco.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaynatural 16th October 2010, 5:11 pm

Do you ladies think that rebraiding your hair every night is too much manipulation. In order for my braid out to look good the next day I have to rebraid it.
Shaynatural
Shaynatural

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down