CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Part in hair

3 posters

Go down

Part in hair Empty Part in hair

Post by afromamania 23rd September 2010, 1:22 am

Has anyone else experienced an issue with their hair when it wants to naturally part in a certain spot?
When i first started accepting and wearing my hair in its natural state, (last relaxer: over six years, last time my hair felt heat: 1 1/2 years) I couldn't find a part and while it was about CBL when stretched out, it was so tightly coiled it didn't want to move. At that time I hadn't figured out how to manage curly hair. I've recently discovered better ways to take care of my hair and it has grown a couple inches for me. Now, when i wear a wash n go, my hair just falls to the sides with a part down the middle, even after i finger comb it. I never make my parts directly in the middle, I always stay off center.

I want to achieve the BAA i've seen many women sport and my hair doesn't seem to want to cooperate. the only way i seem to be able to get a nicely shaped afro is to use a headband. I need to let my edges and the sides of my hair rest from the head bands because i am not retaining length in the areas affected by the head bands.

How do they do it???

Last edited by afromamania on 23rd September 2010, 1:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to include some info)
afromamania
afromamania

Back to top Go down

Part in hair Empty Re: Part in hair

Post by goombagirl 23rd September 2010, 3:28 pm

I don't know but years ago I got my hair braided. The braider sectioned my hair off and made a part down the middle. Fast forward 12 years later and that part is STILL THERE. I can't get rid of it. It just happens. I don't know why.
goombagirl
goombagirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 23rd September 2010, 7:25 pm

i choose my part directly after washing my hair (before it dries all the way). i don't do wash n gos very often but when i twist my hair overnight & let it dry in that direction, then the part is def "set" until i wash again. hope this helps!
Kea::curls
Kea::curls

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down