CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kez - I'm back......

+11
NubieNatty
BlondeByDesire
LadyMika
sweetdrk1
AfroButtafly
ChrsLvsBks
CrissyQ
bholmes87
krazy coils
BajanPrincess82
Kez
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Kez - I'm back...... - Page 2 Empty Re: Kez - I'm back......

Post by Kez 8th October 2010, 11:33 am

Hey ladies,
Well, another diasterous Braid out, well, not diasterous but im fed up with efforts not paying off!
I definately learned I have to knot or curl the ends (annoying as I struggle sleeping like that!But such is life!) - but i think im struggling product wise. . .
here is a rant from this morning - can you tell I was in bad mood!
http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/transitioning-f7/fed-up-braid-out-woe-s-wanna-give-up-but-wont-t6828.htm
Someone please inspire me and my irritating, uncooperative hair!
xxxx
Kez
Kez

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=537223131

Back to top Go down

Post by naturally yours 10th October 2010, 3:24 pm

ahh,your blond curls look so cute when u were little.

naturally yours

Back to top Go down

Post by Kez 19th October 2010, 9:20 am

Hey ladies, been a while!
I thought i would add some pics from this weekend gone, i went away for the night with my girlfriends - the night before, I did a wet braid out, but used Gel instead of Curl Creme, this Gel is from a chemist called Boots here in the UK, it is their own brand, the ingredients are pretty good and it is alcohol free, didnt leave my hair feeling dry...it said no flakes etc, but i did notice some white spekcles which were a bit stubborn to rid the next day!
However, given braidouts are my toughest challenge, i think they came out ok! I was impressed.
ONly did about 12, usually do 20ish. I sat under my imflatable bonet the next morning for about 20mins and once braids were out i did also give my hair a quick once over as couple of damp bits . . anyhow, here they are!

Kez - I'm back...... - Page 2 Me110
Kez - I'm back...... - Page 2 Me210
Kez - I'm back...... - Page 2 Me3_bm10

My only annoyance was i did hae to use some hair spray as roots kept getting flat for my liking and that stuff made my hair like friggen straw so had to wash on the sunday annoyingly! But still, i did a braid out i was happy with - AT LAST!!!

p.s - the last pic was about 2,30am - (how i lasted that long is beyond me as well he he!)
xxx
Kez
Kez

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 23rd October 2010, 6:26 pm

Your hair is thick and gorgeous! Do you use a light leave in under your gel or curl cream? I wonder what is causing your hair to dry out after one night since the Boots gel contained no alcohol.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kez 24th October 2010, 5:35 am

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Your hair is thick and gorgeous! Do you use a light leave in under your gel or curl cream? I wonder what is causing your hair to dry out after one night since the Boots gel contained no alcohol.

Hi Chrs
Wowwww, both you and your hair look stunning in Avatar!!
Not sure I use Olive Oil moisturiser then the gel, I think my hair dislikes gel regardless as don't get dryness from curl creame but need Gel for hold on braids! How annoying huh! Xx
Kez
Kez

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 24th October 2010, 12:00 pm

kez, If you feel the gel is the culprit and you need a gel, you might try the homemade flaxseed gel. Just do a search within this forum AND other forums also talk about different formulations. I think naturally curly and the long hair forums have many posts about it. There is the basic recipe of distilled water and flax seed and there are many additives people use trying to achieve different goals. I haven't made it myself, but I will soon.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Kez 24th October 2010, 12:25 pm

naturalnolagirl1900 wrote:kez, If you feel the gel is the culprit and you need a gel, you might try the homemade flaxseed gel. Just do a search within this forum AND other forums also talk about different formulations. I think naturally curly and the long hair forums have many posts about it. There is the basic recipe of distilled water and flax seed and there are many additives people use trying to achieve different goals. I haven't made it myself, but I will soon.

Ah lovely thank you for this I will have a look xxx
Kez
Kez

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 24th October 2010, 12:26 pm

You are welcome. Keep us posted!

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Kez 3rd November 2010, 5:35 am

Hey everyone, not been on here for a while... so thought i would drop by with an update!
I planned to be a long term transitioner and I have i guess, started growing my short hair our in about Aug/Sept 09 - had curly perm put in on Dec 09, then relaxed straight around Feb '10 (ouch i know) and I didnt bother relaxing there after even though I was wearing my hair straight...then came holiday in Sept and the accidental transitioning was a saving grace.
Now, my hair is getting so healthy i love it, what with all the care im taking and limited heat im using on it.
I straightened my hair for the first time in 2mths+ Sunday to see growth, and it really had grown...however, wearing it straight i was more aware of the dryness in my ends and they felt a bit knotted throughout the day - last night i decided, im gonna do a LBC!!! Yes, you heard that right, I am.

last mth i cut (in places) between half inch to 1.5inches off of overprocessed ends, and was left with some relaxed ends still but been doing various things with them, now i sussed the braid out lol!

Now, i have about 2inches, maybe just over in some places of relaxer, and less in others, but I think im gonna take them all off - not sure how long my hair will be, but im fed up with it....my roots are so nice, i did a wash and go last nght to help me decide and see the growth etvc, and its gonna be quite short, but i have perhaps 3a hair (My curls used to be about 3c - my fault possibly from too much abuse over the years?), so it wont spring to my scalp which will help me with the shortness a bit...

Here are last nights pics, excuse the state of me!!
You cant make out my roots or curl pattern much but you can see ends!! YUK!!! (Still about 30% damp here!)
Kez - I'm back...... - Page 2 Photo_10
Kez - I'm back...... - Page 2 Photo_11
Kez - I'm back...... - Page 2 Photo_12

So here you go - I will update tonight, im counting the hours till my Sis' chops it (she is a hairdresser - not trained specifically in naturally curly hair, but she knows my hair better than anyone -other than me!! And knows how to work with my curls!)So it it 8.35pm , about 9hrs to go!

xxxxxxxxxxxx
Kez
Kez

Back to top Go down

Post by Kez 11th November 2010, 5:50 pm

Hey ladies,
Well finally a pic of my LBC, I had another 2+ inches off and in total 3.5 and some places 4'' in last 2mths, here is pic.
Unfortunately, stillll some straight ends, but my sis would chop no more!!!
I just did a wash n go and pinned fringe back as wouldnt sit right, its no-where near as curly anymore which makes me sad, but its feeling healthy adn also looking nice and big... :-)
Kez - I'm back...... - Page 2 Ebay_010
Kez
Kez

Back to top Go down

Post by Kez 19th November 2010, 6:32 am

Hiya ladies,
Been so busy lately, I havent been on here much! I havent been mingling as I should lol!
I have a few nights out from wkend of 26th Nov so will have more hair tales etc to come.
How is everyone?
Im good, i got offered the job i turned down over 2yrs ago - as we started Feriltiy treatment - was due to have Final IUI thiss mth and we only have a 7% max chance of it working -then I have to hope to carry! So I got a call out the blue for this job i was gutted i passed up - and we decided (me and hubby) i should go for it!!! The last 3yrs have been awful trying for a baby, have issues/problems my side not hubbies and its taken a toll - so we are taking a 3yr break, so i can get my career back on track, enjoy life etc and have some fin (i am absolutely gutted though about cancelling treatment for a while - but it is right, and im confident about it which helps!) - soooo, i start new job in Dec on the 1st - but on the Fri 26th Nov, im going with them on their Xmas do to London, getting taken to secret location for an afternoon event on the Fri, then we go to a secret hotel and then secret location for a meal in an upscale/Fancy restaurant, then the Sat afternoon cocktails and shopping in Harrods - cant wait - been to London a few times as live 60miles away so easy enough to get to - but will be nice to be spoilt for the weekend :-) So will get some pics up.!
Then following that i have some b-day nights out and an xmas meal and cocktails with my girls where we do our secret santa....
Here is a pic of my hair Sat night just gone . . i think it has grown already since chop begining of mth lol!
Kez - I'm back...... - Page 2 Me110

Kez - I'm back...... - Page 2 Me10

Happy Friday ladies and have a fab wkend xx
Kez
Kez

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 19th November 2010, 1:48 pm

Congratulations on the job! What kind of job is it? Sounds like they like to wine and dine their employees!
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 19th November 2010, 2:30 pm

Congrats on the job! Maybe less stress and having a lil fun will help with the baby making.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Kez 19th November 2010, 7:21 pm

Thanks ladies...xx
@ Bajan it's a Recruitment Consultant role. Looking after Temporary staff and also making Permenant placements too. Not a job centre, but an independent employment agency. I did it before and it's bloody hard work, high targets and pressure and lots of sales which is my trade lol but hopefully lots of bonus too ;-)
Can't wait....! Xxx
Kez
Kez

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 25th November 2010, 5:31 pm

Your hair looks great--and SO thick!

Have a happy thanksgiving! Smile
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kez 5th December 2010, 7:01 pm

Hey ladies,
Well, not been on for a while so thought i would catch up with you....!
I have started my new job in Recriutment at www.vaneltd.com and am loving it - gosh i missed recruitment, its good to be back and feeling the career buzz again after almost 3yrs in a job that got very boring...!
Anyways, my hair, arggggggh! i am SOO BORRRRRRRRED of it, seriously. I dont like the shape too much, its fine and shaped, but i just dont like it, i have had so much cut off from transisitong so thats good, and it is already growing, but i have to have layers or it is too heavy, but i dont want them, i want colour but i dont want to colour my hair - which is crazy cos i used to be sooooooo exxperimental and brave with my hair! Its not a braveness thing though, its more, the effort and time I have spent caring properly for my hair these last few months, it worries me that I will dye, decide after a couple of mths (like i always do) that i want something else, another colour or something and them im either stuck or run the risk of over processing my hair.
Styling im stuck too, my hairs thick and course to an extent, but not eough that i can wash and braid and leave, ,mine has to be banded, as it does with twists, so i am limited with styles, i do accesorise but i am well and truely bored to death with my hair :-(
Hate feeling like this...boooooo1
Hope you ladies are well xxxx
Kez
Kez

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 5th December 2010, 7:14 pm

It will get better ... I love your hair.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 5th December 2010, 7:48 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:It will get better ... I love your hair.
what she said!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Kez 8th February 2011, 8:52 pm

Heyyyyy
How are you all.
I have been sooo busy in my new job. Manic, 12hrs sometimes 11hrs a day since Dec every day mon-fri- MANIC!!
Well, my hair. Been cutting length off back to get more to one length though my hairs heavy so do some slight layering!
My routine went to pot a little nothing major just a little lazy at times I guess. But hairs growing :-) and I'm cutting still as pretty much lost majority of relaxed ends and can do wash and gos but best results from defusing as helps zigzag ends...but nearly gone then can knock defusing on the head a bit!
Getting coloured Sunday too. Can't bloody wait. I'll get some pics up soon.
How are you all? Well I hope? Xxxx
Kez
Kez

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 8th February 2011, 11:42 pm

Welcome back Kez! Glad your hair is doing well. Smile

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2