CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Bored but Tell Me all about Your Upcoming Winter Care/Styles

+8
deeply_rooted_chick
natural813
ShortNSassie
LuvMeLuvMyFro
cutiezphib
ladygogohot
Thinice
psbest
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Super Bored but Tell Me all about Your Upcoming Winter Care/Styles Empty Super Bored but Tell Me all about Your Upcoming Winter Care/Styles

Post by psbest 15th September 2010, 11:58 am

How do you plan on styling your hair for the cold? What will be your daily/night care?
psbest
psbest

https://www.facebook.com/psbest

Back to top Go down

Super Bored but Tell Me all about Your Upcoming Winter Care/Styles Empty Re: Super Bored but Tell Me all about Your Upcoming Winter Care/Styles

Post by Thinice 16th September 2010, 1:32 am

I am going to wear 2-strand twists for two weeks. Wash detangle and 2-strand twist them again. I plan to do this all fall and winter. The last two weeks I braided the twists togehter and have been wearing them that way. I debated getting my hair braided but I am too tender headed for that.
Thinice
Thinice

Back to top Go down

Super Bored but Tell Me all about Your Upcoming Winter Care/Styles Empty Re: Super Bored but Tell Me all about Your Upcoming Winter Care/Styles

Post by psbest 16th September 2010, 2:02 am

Hopefully my hair will be long enough to do that as well by then.
psbest
psbest

Back to top Go down

Post by ladygogohot 16th September 2010, 11:41 am

I plan on braiding my hair Every 6-8 weeks. I do it myself so i can change up my style as often as i like or not depending on my mood and also to keep my hand out of my hair Laughing
ladygogohot
ladygogohot

Back to top Go down

Post by cutiezphib 16th September 2010, 12:26 pm

I plan on wearing a sew-in!!! Pregnancy and maintaining my hair isn't mixing well at all!!! However I will have someone helping out to make sure that my hair is well kept while it is up!!!!

Last edited by cutiezphib on 16th September 2010, 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
cutiezphib
cutiezphib

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16th September 2010, 1:06 pm

idk what i'mma do for the winter b/c i have a twa and right now i pretty much wash-n-go. i'm guessing i'mma just need a leave-in condish of some sort to use after conditioning and washing my hair once a week to add into my spray bottle mixture and um a nice moisturizer to use before sealing with my EVOO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16th September 2010, 1:06 pm

can't wash and go too much tho b/c its gonna b cool weather soon and i don't wanna have pneumonia lmao Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 16th September 2010, 4:35 pm

This is the time I usually wear sew-ins. I nix them during the summer because of the many beach trips we make(a perk of living down the street from several beaches). I am also contemplating coloring my hair this Winter and doing a partial sew-in. IDK I still have I live in Florida.
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

http://www.designsavvysalon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by psbest 16th September 2010, 5:12 pm

@ladygogohot Only if I knew how to cornrow. I am going to teach myself really soon!!! I think my hair may be long enough by then to braid. We will see and your hair is beautiful btw.
@cutiezphib I don’t think I like sew-ins very well. It irritates the heck out of my scalp. Congrats on your pregnancy as well!
@Indidiiamond The usual sounds good enough!!! Plus I know that’s right especially if it snows. We don’t want conditioned ice sickles falling from our heads. Good luck!!
@LuvMeLuvMyFro Girl you are good! I wouldn’t mind staying around a lot of beaches in Florida. They are so soothing!

psbest
psbest

Back to top Go down

Post by ShortNSassie 16th September 2010, 6:02 pm

@LuvmeLuvmyfro..ooh I loved the graduation dance. I always wanted to learn how to salsa? haha I think thats what it was.

@psbest..I think I am going to go with 2 or 3 stand twists/yarn braids/crochet braids/coils for the fall winter. This is my first winter natural so it should be interesting.
ShortNSassie
ShortNSassie

Back to top Go down

Post by psbest 16th September 2010, 6:31 pm

@ShortNSassie I love your hair! Coils, etc. sound very nice for me as well!!!
psbest
psbest

Back to top Go down

Post by ShortNSassie 17th September 2010, 12:41 am

Thanks
ShortNSassie
ShortNSassie

Back to top Go down

Post by natural813 17th September 2010, 3:51 am

I plan to get my hair braided. I would really like to leave my hair alone at this moment. I'm getting frustrated dealing with it on a regular basis, so for me to have sometime away from it, I will just braid it for a month or two and let the winter go by without messing with my hair much.
natural813
natural813

Back to top Go down

Post by psbest 17th September 2010, 9:37 am

@natural813 Yeah I don't blame you!!! I like your hair btw.
psbest
psbest

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 17th September 2010, 10:11 am

I think I'm gonna go through the good all twist route but also buy more shirts so I can turban my hair while I'm out so my hair won't dry out as fast.
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by ladygogohot 17th September 2010, 10:29 am

@psbest... I am not an expert @cornrows or braids but i can i get away with it, nothing fancy.

and your hair is also very pretty..

ladygogohot
ladygogohot

Back to top Go down

Post by psbest 17th September 2010, 10:46 am

@deeply_rooted_chick Wow I would love to see that
@ladygogohot Thank you so much! I just think it's very dry!
psbest
psbest

Back to top Go down

Post by alove15 19th September 2010, 12:42 pm

Im keeping my hair stretched all all through the winter. I flat ironed my hair last month and when I wash it I keep it in twisted sections and wash and detangle a section at a time. I wash it once a week and it has remained detangled and my # of ssk's have gone down considerably. After I finish washing my hair I apply leave in and stretch it out in twists. Then I braid the twists in order to stretch it out further. When my hair is mostly dry(I usually let it dry overnight), I take out the unbraid/untwist and then I style. My winter style for now is twisting my hair and putting it into a bun. My products are:
Shampoo: giovanni smooth as silk shampoo
Conditioner: giovanni smooth as silk
Deep conditioner: aubrey organics gpb sometimes followed with a homemade steam treatment using aubrey organics honeysuckle rose mixed with aloe vera and honey
Leave In: Kimmaytube leave in <3 it, coconut oil
Extra:
-I try to keep my hair up in a scarf as much as possible while Im at home.
-i wear my silk bonnet under wool hats
-I apply leave in to my ends each morning.

alove15
alove15

Back to top Go down

Post by psbest 20th September 2010, 3:49 am

Thanks @alove15! That really helped me a lot. I am going to look into that giovanni direct leave in.
psbest
psbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Deva_87 20th September 2010, 1:25 pm

I plan on deep conditioning, Deep conditioning and more deep conditioning. I also will be adding castor oil to my regimen. Im thinking of purchasing Qhemet Biologics products because i want to master twist and twist outs this fall/winter
Deva_87
Deva_87

http://members.fotki.com/Deva87/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by curlybrwnbaby 20th September 2010, 1:50 pm

I plan to try my hand at henna soon if I don't get cold feet, trying to perfect the single strand twist without it looking like puffy dreads Evil or Very Mad and wearing that style for 1-2 weeks, cowash/detangle and cassia between henna treatments. Pretty much I'm going to lock down a regimen, stick with it and try to perfect a at least 3 protective style to get me through these bitter minnesota winters.
curlybrwnbaby
curlybrwnbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by psbest 20th September 2010, 2:12 pm

I can't wait to see how long my hair will be by then. Do you just use the henna as a deep conditioner @Curlybrwnbaby?

@Deva_87 what are do you deep condition with besides QB?
psbest
psbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Deva_87 21st September 2010, 11:01 am

@psbest Im currently mixing suave almond shea together with casotr oil, olive oil, and honey but now im looking into something i dont have to put that much work into. Im a big fan of KinkyKurlyQueen and she did such a great review on Ori Organics. So i might try that and see how it works out
Deva_87
Deva_87

http://members.fotki.com/Deva87/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by psbest 21st September 2010, 11:42 am

I will have to look into her products.
psbest
psbest

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 23rd September 2010, 4:44 pm

@Short- Thanks! It was salsa that we were dancing in the video. I was so nervous as if you couldn't see that in the video. LOL!
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

http://www.designsavvysalon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next