CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kimmie0810

+9
KinkyNappyHappy
CocoEuro
A85
Lanamarie
tiashaunteé
NubieNatty
SheeTacular
jamaicacurl
Kimmie0810
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Kimmie0810 Empty Kimmie0810

Post by Kimmie0810 12th November 2009, 9:46 pm

My hair was so curly and soft yesterday that I didn't co-wash today. Besides, I was being lazy and it's "cold" in FL right now. It looks nice. Super fluffy. Tomorrow is BC day so I'm ready to let it go. I thought I'd change my mind and just let the bad trim slide and continue on my transitioning journey. But it's not worth it to me to hold on to the length. I don't like the puffy triangle shape of my so-called haircut.

Cutting will keep me on my diet and skincare regimen b/c I cannot have more chins that Chinatown w/this short-short hair lol. That's just not cute.

Last edited by Kimmie0810 on 12th November 2009, 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Change thread name)
Kimmie0810
Kimmie0810

Back to top Go down

Kimmie0810 Empty Re: Kimmie0810

Post by jamaicacurl 12th November 2009, 10:00 pm

Looking forward to seeing pics after your BC!
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmie0810 12th November 2009, 10:02 pm

Girl me too lol. Lawd! I'm nervous but excited at the same time. I guess I need to get on Photobucket and re-post the "before" pics from the last thread. I haven't taken any pics of this jacked up "trim" job but I will tomorrow b4 I get it cut!
Kimmie0810
Kimmie0810

Back to top Go down

Kimmie0810 Empty Curls A Few Months Ago

Post by Kimmie0810 12th November 2009, 10:17 pm

This is after about 8 or 9 months of transitioning.

Kimmie0810 A%20href=Kimmie0810 Utf-8BSU1HMDAwNzYuanBn-1-1" border="0" />
Kimmie0810
Kimmie0810

Back to top Go down

Kimmie0810 Empty December 08

Post by Kimmie0810 12th November 2009, 10:23 pm

Kimmie0810 A%20href=Kimmie0810 Utf-8BSU1HMDAxNzcuanBn-1" border="0" />

This is my last relaxer & "cut" in December 08.
Kimmie0810
Kimmie0810

Back to top Go down

Kimmie0810 Empty Librarian look (several months ago)

Post by Kimmie0810 12th November 2009, 10:29 pm

Kimmie0810 A%20href=Kimmie0810 Utf-8BSU1HMDAwNTkuanBn-1-1-1" border="0" />
Kimmie0810
Kimmie0810

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 13th November 2009, 11:42 pm

I hope the BC went well and you are enjoying the freedom!!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Kimmie0810 Empty The "Big Chop"

Post by Kimmie0810 13th November 2009, 11:59 pm

I absotively LOVE my haircut. She hesitated to do a true "BC" cuz she knew I had wanted to transition a little longer & was disappointed by "having" to cut. I LOVE this stylist & staff & salon, but more on that in a minute.

The assistant blew my hair out b/c Lizette felt I needed a dry cut & then shape up when curly, if necessary. I was shocked @ the length I still had. It was well past my shoulders. She started trimming & described how she would gradually trim the rest of the relaxer out. When she showed me how much she really wanted to cut, I told her to go for it. I totally trusted her @ that point. I'd have to go SO short in front to get all the perm out that she left the length. Did a more drastic inverted bob. I have no relaxer in back & it's just curly & shiny. The very front is a bit straight & frizzled @ the ends but I can twist it & rod the ends. I am going to wet my hair & play w/it some tonight b/c I don't like the finishing products she used. I was tired so I put it up in a "bunny tail" when I got home so I could nap. I let it down just now & it just fell into place. I love it! It"s going to be really easy to take care of while I grow it out. There won't be much styling required. Thank God b/c it's getting rather chilly for wash n go.

I went to a salon in Plantation on the corner of University & Sunrise. Lizette is GREAT! She's knowledgable & very friendly. I got lost & was late but she was fine about it. Her assistant is very friendly & asked me how I'd like my hair shampooed (hot or warm, vigorous or light) & if I was allergic to anything (a first). She was very thorough w/the shampoo & the head massage w/the conditioner was HEAVENLY!

The salon is small but cozy & very inviting. Books all along the wall which I love b/c I love to read. Reasonable prices. Very clean & neat.

I cannot wait until my hair grows enough for her to start styling it. I'm going back for another cut in 6weeks. BC Part deux lol.

I'd highly recommend her to anyone in Ft. Lauderdale! The name of the salon escapes me (duh Kimmie!) But I have her # if anyone wants it.
Kimmie0810
Kimmie0810

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 14th November 2009, 12:17 am

woooo hoo congrats on the BC, you should feel like u can fly and do anything now, lol. i know i did!! it's like an elephant takin off ur shoulders. welcome to the world of naturalness!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 14th November 2009, 12:30 am

Congrats on the BC!!!!!!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Kimmie0810 Empty Grumpy

Post by Kimmie0810 16th November 2009, 6:42 pm

I haven't had a chance to play with my "new" hair yet. Saturday was the day from H E double L!!! My car is dead and it took me over 5hrs to get home from work. I was supposed to be off Saturday but went in for OT. So I showered, shampooed (I was a SWEATY MESS from walking home), put some GF Sleek n Shine and something else I don't even remember in my hair and just combed it to the back so I could lay down. I was exhausted.

I looked like a gangster in a mob flick when my hair dried lol. It was all slicked back & wavy with little curls on the end. I had to laugh at myself. I decided to slap some satin covered sponge rollers in the front to curl the permed ends. It looked a MESS when I took it down. But I stayed in bed all day Sunday watching TV, moping, and tending my blisters from walking a country mile so it didn't matter.

Today it was back to work and I had to be ready early since I was catching a ride. I just co-washed and put some perm rods on the stick straight ends in front. That is starting to bug me!! She didn't want to cut the front of my hair short enough to get all the perm out, but I think we're going to have to do it. I'm sick of this already lol. The back is sooo cute and curly and shiny w/o any perm or left in color. The front could use some work lol. My co-worker died laughing when I came out with perm rods in the front of my hair. It still didn't dry by the time I got to work though lol. I sat at my desk and re-rolled it since I had an hour before I was due to start working. Now at least the ends aren't stick straight. I'll have to find a better way to contend w/this. I think if I loosely roll it tonight, it will be OK for tomorrow. It's too cold to co-wash daily and I just don't want to!

I'll figure it out. Twisting makes it too tight. And I can't roll it too much or it will be too tight. I'm going to play around some tonight and work it out. I want to be excited about my new look again. Not feel inconvenienced. This weekend, I may also experiment with getting a blowout! That might cheer me up some.
Kimmie0810
Kimmie0810

Back to top Go down

Post by Lanamarie 16th November 2009, 7:06 pm

Can't wait to see the pictures!!!!
Lanamarie
Lanamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmie0810 16th November 2009, 7:34 pm

I'll get the pics together once I have a moment to BREATHE lol. May not be until this weekend b/c I'm dealing with the car and I have some "chores" to do. I'm so frazzled but I know I'm going out to see "Precious" this Friday so I will have my hurr did for that lol.
Kimmie0810
Kimmie0810

Back to top Go down

Post by A85 17th November 2009, 1:09 pm

aww congrats on the BC Kimmie0810 617583
A85
A85

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 17th November 2009, 1:31 pm

Kimmie0810 wrote:I absotively LOVE my haircut. She hesitated to do a true "BC" cuz she knew I had wanted to transition a little longer & was disappointed by "having" to cut. I LOVE this stylist & staff & salon, but more on that in a minute.

The assistant blew my hair out b/c Lizette felt I needed a dry cut & then shape up when curly, if necessary. I was shocked @ the length I still had. It was well past my shoulders. She started trimming & described how she would gradually trim the rest of the relaxer out. When she showed me how much she really wanted to cut, I told her to go for it. I totally trusted her @ that point. I'd have to go SO short in front to get all the perm out that she left the length. Did a more drastic inverted bob. I have no relaxer in back & it's just curly & shiny. The very front is a bit straight & frizzled @ the ends but I can twist it & rod the ends. I am going to wet my hair & play w/it some tonight b/c I don't like the finishing products she used. I was tired so I put it up in a "bunny tail" when I got home so I could nap. I let it down just now & it just fell into place. I love it! It"s going to be really easy to take care of while I grow it out. There won't be much styling required. Thank God b/c it's getting rather chilly for wash n go.

I went to a salon in Plantation on the corner of University & Sunrise. Lizette is GREAT! She's knowledgable & very friendly. I got lost & was late but she was fine about it. Her assistant is very friendly & asked me how I'd like my hair shampooed (hot or warm, vigorous or light) & if I was allergic to anything (a first). She was very thorough w/the shampoo & the head massage w/the conditioner was HEAVENLY!

The salon is small but cozy & very inviting. Books all along the wall which I love b/c I love to read. Reasonable prices. Very clean & neat.

I cannot wait until my hair grows enough for her to start styling it. I'm going back for another cut in 6weeks. BC Part deux lol.

I'd highly recommend her to anyone in Ft. Lauderdale! The name of the salon escapes me (duh Kimmie!) But I have her # if anyone wants it.

I'm glad your cut went well! I used to live in Sunrise, FL for 10 yrs! I'll be down there next week for Thanksgiving at my mom's (right off of university close to Oakland).
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Kimmie0810 Empty Bored at 2AM

Post by Kimmie0810 23rd November 2009, 5:45 pm

[img:96ce]http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/Kimmie0810 Utf-8BQklHIENIT1AuanBn[/img]I was up and bored at 2AM Sunday & decided to see what my hair would look like when blown out. My hair hasn't been straight since February and I NEVER used to blowdry my own hair. Too much trouble. But since the BC, I figured I have less hair to work with, so it might not be that bad. It wasn't bad but it was HOT lol. I thought I'd sweat out my hair before I even finished with it lol.

I shampooed with the Giovanni Triple Treat, DC'd w/the Pantene Relaxed & Natural while I cleaned the bathroom. Sprayed Nexxus Humectress leave-in and put a little Cantu & SheaMoisture leave-ins. I have a Redken product for straight hair that I used on each section before I blow drying it. Used a little shea butter on the ends when I was finished and then glossed w/Neutrogena Triple Moisture serum when I wrapped it that night. Wrapping short hair is not easy lol but thank God I have those HUGE bobby pins that I started using after I got a few from the dominican salon. Today before work, I added a few hot rollers to the crown so it's a little fuller than it is in the picture.

With FL humidity, I don't know how long this will last or how often I will do this. I think I'm going to roller set this coming weekend b/c the straight ends in the front of my hair give me FITS when I wash n go.

Last edited by Kimmie0810 on 28th February 2010, 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kimmie0810
Kimmie0810

Back to top Go down

Kimmie0810 Empty Blah Day!

Post by Kimmie0810 24th November 2009, 8:42 pm

I dunno what's wrong with me today. Actually I do, I have cramps, I'm irritable, and my new friend is just NOT going to work out. Add to that the fact that I crashed HARD last night w/o wrapping or tying my hair and it's a wonder I'm not in tears lol. When I left work last night, I grabbed a handy dandy hair elastic (I keep like 50 in my cosmetic bag) and swept it into a low bunnytail (not long enough for a ponytail) for the windows down drive home. That's how I went to sleep last night. I woke up this morning to a wavy, half-curled MESS. I don't think I'm going to blow dry & flat iron again. It doesn't last and it's too damaging with all that heat. I think my best bet is to roller set and finger comb it. That way my hair can just do its thing. And clearly its thing is to curl! I'm tired of fighting it and I'm not going to.

I think I straightened it out of boredom and frustration. The few straight ends in the front are vexing me when I do my wash n go. And I'm TIRED of the comments from other people about how they can't believe I cut off all that pretty hair. I didn't ask you to believe it! Every day I walk into work and my hair is the topic of conversation. I'm going to need them to find something else to talk about. Of course they LOVED the straight look. I didn't give a care. It won't be happening again. Today I flat ironed a long side bang and pulled the rest back into a low bunny in a fancy schmancy clip I got from Ulta before the ill-fated trim that led to the premature BC.

I'm tired of hair drama & trauma. One lady actually said "all those products u have and u come to work with your hair in a pony?". Umm yes I did! and it looks nice and neat and it's clean and it's HEALTHY which is all I care about. Ugh! The nerve of some folks.

Maybe I'm just irritable and crabby today. Maybe not.

Kimmie, over and out.
Kimmie0810
Kimmie0810

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 25th November 2009, 11:45 am

well..I guess enough is enough!!!!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 25th November 2009, 1:19 pm

irritable or not. if you want to wear a ponytail the rest of your life its your usiness not hers.....
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Kimmie0810 Empty I DID MY FINAL BC!!! (pics)

Post by Kimmie0810 23rd February 2010, 5:19 am

[img:f7d5]http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/Kimmie0810 Utf-8BSU1HMDAwMjAtMjAxMDAxMTUtMTcwM[/img][img:af69]http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/Kimmie0810 Utf-8BSU1HMDAwMjEtMjAxMDAxMTUtMTcwM[/img]

So the 3rd time I went to the salon, my stylist knew I was serious and went ahead and did the BIG BIG CHOP! I didn't know it would go so short (I only had about an inch-2in of relaxer left, if that much) and I was in such shock when I was done that I shopped til I literally dropped lol.

I loved the way the hair looked but I didn't like the cut on me.

It's been about 5 weeks and I LOVE LOVE LOVE my hair. I have my off days when I look like a freak, but I still love it and don't regret my decision one bit!!
Kimmie0810
Kimmie0810

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 23rd February 2010, 9:01 am

Congratulations on your BIG BIG CHOP!!! Shopping is good therapy I can't think of anything better; well maybe one thing...!! lol!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 23rd February 2010, 11:01 am

Congrats!! woot!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 23rd February 2010, 3:15 pm