CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MIXED CHICK PRODUCTS

+3
Curlykid78
3xCharm
Renny
7 posters

Go down

MIXED CHICK PRODUCTS Empty MIXED CHICK PRODUCTS

Post by Guest 14th September 2010, 11:17 pm

I was looking online and I was wondering about this product. Has anyone ever tried this product?? Do you like it and what do you use?? I'm skeptical =) feed back plz~

Back to top Go down

MIXED CHICK PRODUCTS Empty Re: MIXED CHICK PRODUCTS

Post by Renny 15th September 2010, 1:08 am

There are lots of video reviews on Youtube. Funny you should ask about it, I have a few of the the sample paks in the shopping care on their website, but decided I'd see if they had it at Ulta tomorrow.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15th September 2010, 12:31 pm

oh ok. yeah i guess i'mma have to do more research on these hair products b/c i may just buy a bottle of VO5 shampoo and conditioner, but coconut oil in both or something. lol ty though Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by 3xCharm 15th September 2010, 3:20 pm

I bought the leave-in condish last week and I love it! It has a really good consistency- it's defined my curls really well and it dries nicely with no residue. It's pricey- $20 for the small size, I think it's 10oz but you don't need to use all that much so it's not bad.
3xCharm
3xCharm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15th September 2010, 8:19 pm

o ok...i already made my rounds for a little mini haul on some natural products i'mma do. ty anywayz tho Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlykid78 29th September 2010, 9:13 pm

Hello everyone. I have used this product and I love it! I have 3c hair and it leaves my hair very defined and soft.
Curlykid78
Curlykid78

https://www.youtube.com/user/DrCurlyKid32

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeya 4th October 2010, 11:20 am

Hi, Curlykid78! I bought my 2nd bottle of the leave in and although I loved it...all the way through the 1st bottle, I'm not feeling the love as much with this 2nd bottle. Once my hair dries, my curls are defined but feel a little sticky and dry! Do you use anything underneath...is your hair soaking wet when you apply the product?

Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks!
Takeya
Takeya

http://www.justtakeya.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 4th October 2010, 11:31 am

Takeya wrote:Hi, Curlykid78! I bought my 2nd bottle of the leave in and although I loved it...all the way through the 1st bottle, I'm not feeling the love as much with this 2nd bottle. Once my hair dries, my curls are defined but feel a little sticky and dry! Do you use anything underneath...is your hair soaking wet when you apply the product?

I tried their products two summers ago when I started wearing my hair curly and I really had a huge isssue with the smell of the leave-in as well. I really liked their deep conditioner, it had great slip for detangling. I never tried their shampoo. I was thinking about re-visiting their products soon...
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlykid78 4th October 2010, 6:01 pm

@ Takeya. Mixed chicks is still working well for me. I apply it to wet hair. 1st I apply miss jessie baby buttercreme and then mixed chicks leave in. Today for even more hold I will follow with some curly jealously gel...

When I apply I divdied my hair into four section and use a denman brush. Leaves my hair really soft. You may be applying to much if your hair feels sticky.

Takeya wrote:Hi, Curlykid78! I bought my 2nd bottle of the leave in and although I loved it...all the way through the 1st bottle, I'm not feeling the love as much with this 2nd bottle. Once my hair dries, my curls are defined but feel a little sticky and dry! Do you use anything underneath...is your hair soaking wet when you apply the product?

Curlykid78
Curlykid78

https://www.youtube.com/user/DrCurlyKid32

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeya 4th October 2010, 6:10 pm

Thanks for the advice! Lately my hair has been only damp, not wet and I tend to be heavy handed with product because my hair is thick. Maybe I need a denman to help me distribute product throughout my hair better.

I'll try again later this week on wet hair. Thanks again!
Takeya
Takeya

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2Be 4th October 2010, 7:10 pm

I've been using Mixed Chicks for several months now (still on the same bottle of shampoo and leave-in, although I've been out of the DC for several weeks). I like it. The shampoo I can take it or leave it. Nothing miraculous about it. However, the leave-in works really well for me.

In the shower I add the leave-in last before I get out...about two good-size squirts, i.e. silver dollar size. I rake it through with my fingers, then stick my head under the shower stream for a second or two, then use a wide tooth comb to comb it through. Some days I scrunch in the shower and other days I just towel dry.

Sometimes I'll add an oil or butter on top of it, but sometimes I've gone out without the oils and I've never had a problem with it being sticky. I think the only thing I would say is that my hair is not as shiny when using it alone. To get the shine I want I either follow up with their glosser/hair silk product or one of my oils. When I finally run out of the leave-in, I will definitely repurchase.
Free2Be
Free2Be

Back to top Go down

Post by raina 4th October 2010, 10:26 pm

Hi ladies! I havd been wanting to try this product forever but I was a little hesitant because it does contain a cone .So after 3 yrs I decided to give it a try... guess what I LOVE IT! the deep conditioner and the leave in, I havnt tried the shampoo yet but I bought it.I dont get any surprises when I use this product just beautiful wash and gos consistantly!I was going to wait until the spring to buy this product but i am glad that I went ahead and got it now.!
raina
raina

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeya 5th October 2010, 10:10 am

Hi, Raina! Glad it's working well for you. Do you apply it to soaking wet hair and do you use anything with it?
Takeya
Takeya

Back to top Go down

Post by raina 5th October 2010, 8:27 pm

Hi Takeya yes i apply the leave in to wet hair.. I squeeze out the excess water in my hair I think that you should try it on wet hair. I personally dont use a brush I lose too many hairs!I tried it again to day it worked like a charm.The first time i used it I followed the directions and did not use anything with it.The next two times after i detangled with yes to cucumbers i used the mc deep conditoner left it on about 2 min rinsed squeezed out the excess water poured like a little less than a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil into my palm and then smoothed it from front to back,in one sweep like when you put your hair in a ponytail, then i applied the leave in, thats it! Try it on wet hair I always put my leave in on wet hair.
raina
raina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down