CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keeping hair moisturized with a skin condition

4 posters

Go down

Keeping hair moisturized with a skin condition Empty Keeping hair moisturized with a skin condition

Post by NickiK 14th September 2010, 4:02 pm

Hey Ladies,

I have a question I have ezcema in my skip and on my skin. If you dont know about ezcema it makes the hair really dry and forms another layer of skin......My ezcema is one of the reasons I stop getting perms because I would burn so bad that I would have tears in my eyes and have to take tynol after perming. I stopped getting perms last Agust well 2009 and i BC august 2010 so right now i have a fro but its not that little but i dont like it....lol I currently have braids to help with protective styling an what not. But the real question is how to keep my hair moistured with my ezcema. I bought SheaMoisture Black African Shampoo made for people with ezcema, sirisons, and etc. So ladies what do you suggest I do to keep my hair moist

NickiK

Back to top Go down

Keeping hair moisturized with a skin condition Empty Re: Keeping hair moisturized with a skin condition

Post by NickiK 14th September 2010, 4:03 pm

I meant scalp I spelled it wrong in the first line

NickiK

Back to top Go down

Keeping hair moisturized with a skin condition Empty Re: Keeping hair moisturized with a skin condition

Post by Guest 14th September 2010, 9:25 pm

Honestly, I don't know. I have the same problem and just so happens, I was recently effected my permanent hair dye and I don't even have a clue what to use anymore because there are so many dangerous chemicals out there. Maybe you could try some olive oil treatments like with natural olive oil or something. I've tried looking it up over the net, but there are so many different people out there with their own opinions. I'm right now trying to find out about things to mix together to make of my own and buying organic products. It's hard, trust me I know. Good luck though finding what you need =)

Back to top Go down

Post by honeysweetlifee 14th September 2010, 10:31 pm

Hello diva I use raw shea butter mix wit coconut oil almond oil

honeysweetlifee

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 14th September 2010, 11:51 pm

I do not have eczema but I have the cousin of eczema called Ickthyosis. I had a horribly dry and flakey scalp. I bought some of those vitamen E capsuls and broke them open and applied it to my scalp. No more flakes or dry scalp for me!
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by Alana 15th September 2010, 10:55 am

I have a similar form of ezcema called seboherric dermatitis. I use a aloe vera juice and water spritz on my hair. And I use vitamin E capsules for my scalp as well. Good stuff. It has cleared up. And hopefully it wont come back
Alana
Alana

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down