CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have my mind made up...

2 posters

Go down

Have my mind made up... Empty Have my mind made up...

Post by NaturalNavy 11th September 2010, 5:32 am

I have made up my mind... gonna go NATURAL Very Happy !!! My BFF has done it so she has helped me make up my mind and encouraged me to say no to the crack. But what finally pushed me is the fact that my hair is breaking badly anyway. So my plan is to cut it in a nice bob and go from there... the only thing that scares me is that I'm in the Navy and fros can't be that big and I'm kindda scared and worried I'll have a relapse because my head itches like crazy with braids and not sure how else for me to be able to maintain thru transistion. Any suggestion???

NaturalNavy

Back to top Go down

Have my mind made up... Empty Re: Have my mind made up...

Post by Naturally Esq 11th September 2010, 12:16 pm

1. There are many curly alternatives to the afro such as braid out, twist outs etc. There is a styling section of this website and here is a link to a You Tube Video to help you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr8GbJNJ2jM

2. Since the relaxer has damaged your hair, it is important to balance the moisture and protein in your hair products and avoid products with sulfates, parabens and cones. Here is a link to an online article to help you: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/278612/the_fine_art_of_protein_and_moisture.html?singlepage=true&cat=69

Good Luck
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalNavy 12th September 2010, 6:39 pm

Thanks... The article helped a lot... Now I'm off to the store to buy a few things!!!

NaturalNavy

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 13th September 2010, 12:50 am

This is my routine: I have 4a/b fine textured hair that loves protein. I use Giovanni Products that can be bought at Whole Foods, Target, Walmart, CVS, Pharmaca, and health food stores. Once a week, I use Giovanni Smooth As Silk (SAS) Deeper Moisture Shampoo to poo, SAS Deeper Moisture Conditioner and Reconstructor to DC, SAS Xtreme Protein Infusion or Direct Leave In as my leave in, I set my hair with Giovanni Natural Mousse Hair Styling Foam and/or Giovanni LA Natural Style Gel. I seal with Shea Moisture Curl Smoothie or EVCO or castor oil. When I need a moisture boost I use Vatika oil. I use the braid outs, curl outs or Curlformers to style.
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down