CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changing someone mind not to relax

3 posters

Go down

Changing someone mind not to relax Empty Changing someone mind not to relax

Post by natural813 30th April 2010, 10:41 pm

Have you ever changed the mind of a person that was thinking of relaxing there hair?
natural813
natural813

Back to top Go down

Changing someone mind not to relax Empty Re: Changing someone mind not to relax

Post by Peachtree 30th April 2010, 11:47 pm

Yes ma'am! Around 10 people have told me they stopped relaxing after witnessing my journey. When I started my path (in 2002) I couldn't find a local natural anywhere; that's when I turned to the net! Now they are popping up all over town! It feels good to know that at least 10 (local) people are now healthy natural hair lovers. By the way my circle of 10 includes my family, co-workers, church family, and a lady at my local bss! Three are still transitioning also!
Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Post by natural813 30th April 2010, 11:53 pm

My boyfriends cousin has long natural hair. She loves her hair but she is frustrated because oh how long it is. I believe if she used more natural products it would be much easier for her. But she was thinking about relaxing but I made sure I told her she will regret it..I really think the chat I had with her about natural hair might actually change her mind and she would never relax her beautiful long natural hair. She told me how much her mom loves her hair and never wants her to relax it..I wish my mom was like that about my hair and never relaxed it in the first place.
natural813
natural813

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachtree 1st May 2010, 12:48 am

Sounds like she has never been relaxed before. If that's the case, then it could be difficult for her to see the benefits of keeping it natural...you know, can't see because the grass appears greener on the other side thing. I have a younger cousin who had the most beautiful natural wavy hair. I tried to keep it healthy for her but she moved out of town and next thing I knew, she returned with relaxed hair. I couldn't believe it!!!! But she was grown and.... yes, DUMB (yeah, I said it)... because now she regrets having relaxed her hair. She wants to transition now.
Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa101 1st May 2010, 2:09 am

I've never changed someone's mind, but I've had family members and even my mothers hairdresser tell me don't EVER perm your hair lol.
Nessa101
Nessa101

Back to top Go down

Post by natural813 1st May 2010, 3:06 pm

Peachtree wrote:Sounds like she has never been relaxed before. If that's the case, then it could be difficult for her to see the benefits of keeping it natural...you know, can't see because the grass appears greener on the other side thing. I have a younger cousin who had the most beautiful natural wavy hair. I tried to keep it healthy for her but she moved out of town and next thing I knew, she returned with relaxed hair. I couldn't believe it!!!! But she was grown and.... yes, DUMB (yeah, I said it)... because now she regrets having relaxed her hair. She wants to transition now.

She actually never had a relaxer before. She has had natural hair her whole life. You are right she probably think the glass is greener on the other side.. But I have been on the other side(relaxed hair) and I know it sure isnt nothing better about it. I really hope that sharing that relax isnt the key jusdt because you think it will make hair more managerable.. I believe it is more work, to take are of relaxed hair.
natural813
natural813

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down