CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

teen refused interview at NC theme park because of locs

3 posters

Go down

teen refused interview at NC theme park because of locs Empty teen refused interview at NC theme park because of locs

Post by dajewel 20th November 2009, 12:05 am

dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

teen refused interview at NC theme park because of locs Empty Re: teen refused interview at NC theme park because of locs

Post by AfrikanLatina 20th November 2009, 12:26 am

I can understand this from a black and white perspective. The policy clearly lists locs as an extreme hairstyle, one that would prevent you from being hired. On that basis alone no she shouldn't have been hired. Do I agree with that ABSOLUTELY NOT! For her to have been turned away based on her appearance(hairstyle) alone is to me unacceptable. Everyone who wears locs is not radical, and extremist, or militant and for goodness sake she was a young girl. For people to have called in and suggested that she cut her hair...for a job at CAROWINDS no less is ridiculous. What if her locs are a part of a larger belief of hers or religion? This is yet another reason for us to embrace our natural beauty. She will be stronger because of this although it is sad she had to experience it.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

teen refused interview at NC theme park because of locs Empty Re: teen refused interview at NC theme park because of locs

Post by dajewel 20th November 2009, 12:28 am

i really think she should not have even bothered with applying because, as you stated, the regulations were clearly stated. is it right to discriminate against locs??? heck, nah!! i am very curious how this situation will play out. i really think this young girl needs the natural community to support her.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 20th November 2009, 12:36 am

Here's audio: Peoples perspectives

View Full Clip
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 20th November 2009, 12:50 am

Wow! So dreadlocks are extreme?

That is ridiculous.
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down