CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homemade products

3 posters

Go down

Homemade products Empty Homemade products

Post by summerbreeze76 8th September 2010, 10:55 am

Hey all,

On Monday I made more Shealoe as well as the Cocoabutter-Sheabutter mix posted on CN a few days ago. I love Shealoe and i am especially loving this batch because i used the Sheabutter from Butters n bars, no the super yello colored one, and because i used a hand mixer. It came out supper fluffy. Ive used this to twist my hair and as a moisturizer.

The other mix came out fluffy, but i am assuming because of the CCB it hardened up a bit. I think i am going to like it as well. Im hoping that once i start getting the hang of making things myself i wont need to order too much and feed my PJism.
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Homemade products Empty Re: Homemade products

Post by NaptownCurls 8th September 2010, 9:29 pm

I have a burning question about twisting with sheabutter(mix) or any butters, do you apply to the entire section of hair prior to twisting? Or, apply as your twisting the hair?

I purchased the shea butter from Butters n Bars, love it on my skin, but have yet to try it on my hair for twists.
NaptownCurls
NaptownCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 9th September 2010, 10:55 am

I think that people do it differently. I usually apply a very small amount to each twist as i am twisting it. Ive also applied it in sections too.
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by akaprincess00 10th September 2010, 5:34 pm

I've become a fan of making all of my products versus buying them. It allows me to play around with different combos without spending too much money. Despite my random measurements & varying techniques, I haven't gone wrong yet!

@ NaptownCurls - I usually apply the mixture to each section as I twist. I mostly twist on damp/wet hair, smooth a bit of the mixture down the length of my hair & then take a couple of passes with my Denman to get it from root to tip.
akaprincess00
akaprincess00

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down