CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i love natural hair but afraid of BIG hair share your fro story

+15
Janique
FloridaSunshiny
AshElleAye
Lynnieluve
curlybarbi48
BajanPrincess82
gigihaitiancurly
oooop2
StephanieB
deeply_rooted_chick
LadyMika
ChrsLvsBks
Niqui36
CrissyQ
iculukin
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

i love natural hair but afraid of BIG hair share your fro story - Page 2 Empty Re: i love natural hair but afraid of BIG hair share your fro story

Post by JazmineB 10th September 2010, 6:02 am

my favorite part of being natural is the big hair. I am only 5 ft. so when i wear a curly fro or twist out, i feel a little taller and more noticeable, and i LOVE it.
ive never worn a picked out fro, but i love curly fros from twist outs, if that counts.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

its by far my favorite natural style
JazmineB
JazmineB

Back to top Go down

i love natural hair but afraid of BIG hair share your fro story - Page 2 Empty Re: i love natural hair but afraid of BIG hair share your fro story

Post by StephanieB 10th September 2010, 2:16 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:I love big hair but I have yet to wear my big fro out. As GREAT as my hair looks in my avatar, I didnt wear it out of the house...LOL!!!

I've never worn my hair out like yours is in the avatar though. I always wear a headband when I wear mine. I wouldn't have the guts to wear it out in public like it is in your avatar.

StephanieB

Back to top Go down

Post by iculukin 25th October 2010, 11:41 am

So I finally got the nerve to rock a FRO afro I was only going to walmart. I could just run in and out with no problems and I would tackle my hair when I get home. I was in the checkout line and this like three year old boy starts yelling Mommy her hair mommy her hair.... I was already nervous about wearing the fro now I have this kid putting me on blast!! The funny thing is I dont know who was more embarrasses me or the boys mother!!!! Needless to say I have my twists back in!!!
iculukin
iculukin

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyNMixed 25th October 2010, 12:29 pm

I, too, was afraid of the big ol' mane! I think it was until my husband told me, "I can't wait until your hair is longer so you can rock a fro," that it occurred to me that I'd probably look great in one. I've been worried about how he felt about it, because he has to look at me everyday, and he LOVES my hair, so that makes it sooo much easier for me to really enjoy it!
CurlyNMixed
CurlyNMixed

Back to top Go down

Post by wyldhoney 25th October 2010, 12:30 pm

My 'fro is a sometimes thing. Because it requires much more care and attention, I tend to save it for when I'm feeling REALLY sassy.

However, just this past Saturday I was running into town to do some shopping. I was going for my new staple high-bun when something whispered in my ear "Fro it out!", so I did!

Got tons of looks and stares but my boyfriend loved it! He held my hand as we walked through the city, saying that he didn't want anyone to run away with me!

I say, rock it if you feel it, and don't let anyone tell you ANYTHING!
wyldhoney
wyldhoney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2