CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indigo???

2 posters

Go down

Indigo??? Empty Indigo???

Post by beautifuleyez 19th November 2009, 9:49 pm

Yes, I know we are talking about henna here, but I did my first henna application about a week ago and I am pleased with my results. The henna color came out well and even made some of my red highlights on the ends of my hair really pop...but this is my problem. I have sworn off chemical dye and I want my hair to be a more uniform color; not one color at the roots and lots of blended highlights on the ends. This is not a GOOD look for me especially since I am getting married in a few months!

I am considering doing a indigo treatment after my next henna treatment in about a month. I am finding tons of info about henna and the results and not a whole lot of info about indigo outside a write up on hennaforhair.com and a few fotki albums.

I am also curious if indigo is permanent like henna or if it will fade over time?

Will anyone please share their experiences and recipes with me if they are currently doing indigo treatments or have done them in the past? I would really be grateful.

Blessings
beautifuleyez
beautifuleyez

Back to top Go down

Indigo??? Empty Re: Indigo???

Post by ChrsLvsBks 19th November 2009, 10:21 pm

First, congratulations on your upcoming nuptials. I have done henna and indigo treatments. I have done it at least two times since September. I love the results--dark hair and grays less red. I do the two step process the same day.

First, I mix the henna the day before I plan to apply it. I use 200g of henna and mix with water until a pudding consistency. I let it sit for at least 12 hours.

I wash my hair with dish soap or conditioner and baking soda to ensure my hair is clean. I then air dry until hair is damp. I apply the henna to one inch sections. I apply it thick and don't worry that it gets on my scalp. I then wrap hair in saran wrap and sit around for at least three hours.

I fill a sink with water and soak hair in it to remove as much henna as possible. I then rinse for a few minutes then co-wash a couple of times. I then squeeze out excess water and use flour sack to remove any more water.

I mix 150-200 g of indigo with water and immediately apply it to hair. I remember reading you cannot let indigo sit like henna. I use same technique for applying it as I do with the henna. I let it sit on my hair for about an hour. I then rinse and co-wash.

Remember to condition afterward. Darkness is evident after first treatment.

Before henna and indigo (February 2009)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

First indigo and henna treatment--wet hair with styling products (September 2009)

First henna and indigo treatment--dry hair (September 2009)

ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by beautifuleyez 19th November 2009, 10:32 pm

OMG! thanks for the info. It really helps! I have been finding sooooo much info on henna and not a lot on indigo and wanted to hear some real experiences and see some real results.

I just want to make sure it will color evenly on each strand, as I said I have about 3 or 4 inches on roots with no color, but I have a million and one colors on the ends and I am hoping to achieve a consistent color from root to tip. I know this may take a few applications but hopefully by March it will be all evened out.

Thanks for sharing!

Confession: I have already stalked your fotki. I'm impressed! Laughing Smile
beautifuleyez
beautifuleyez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down