CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indigo in NYC??...Is this real indigo powder?

2 posters

Go down

Indigo in NYC??...Is this real indigo powder? Empty Indigo in NYC??...Is this real indigo powder?

Post by Naturallynike 11th November 2010, 7:55 am

A couple of days ago I went to Dual Specialty store (91 1st ave)... First of all lemme tell ya'll, I was so overwhelemsed and excited in there because they had like EVERYTHING!! Laughing I got my hands on Marshmellow root , and Brahmi powder...

Ive been on the hunt for indigo powder because I wanna start henna'ing more during the winter but dont want reddish hair...I found a lady (mehandi shop) you can get it from in BK, but you have to schedule to meet up with her, but before I do that I just wanna find a store I can easily purchase on my own time...

I came across this indigo powder in the Dual Store , but I was a lil hesitant to buy it at first because I have read about "fake" indigo powders, and the dangers they may cause...I asked the clerk if it was real indigo powder, he nodded his head yes, but I didnt think I could take his word for it lol, so I just purchased 2 packs ($3.45 each) and decided to try and do my own testing...

It is labeled as Indigofera but it also says 100% Black Henna, we all know there is no such thing as "black henna" so thats why im kinda skeptical bout it...On the hennaforhair website it says that real indigo powder should leak out blue liquid when plopped on paper...When I tried this test the powder left a dark brown stain Neutral....So im not sure if its the type I should keep out of my hair, or if it could possibly be premixed hendigo...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Naturallynike

Back to top Go down

Indigo in NYC??...Is this real indigo powder? Empty Re: Indigo in NYC??...Is this real indigo powder?

Post by carfi366 24th November 2010, 12:12 pm

How did your indigo application turn out?
carfi366
carfi366

Back to top Go down