CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

growing perm out with short hair

5 posters

Go down

growing perm out with short hair Empty growing perm out with short hair

Post by ish2009 4th September 2010, 5:45 am

i just got a medium short hair cut and i now i want to grow my perm out im thinking of just bcing it. is it harder to grow your hair out with shorter hair?

ish2009

Back to top Go down

growing perm out with short hair Empty Re: growing perm out with short hair

Post by rayray19 4th September 2010, 1:33 pm

yes it is a lil harder to grow your hair out with a short cut..I had a real short cut when I started transitioning (like a rihanni cut) so bantu knots, and twist outs werent working so I just decided to braid my hair..I had the braids in for about a month..tried some more transitioning styles but it still wasnt working so I decided to BC early..I'm glad I made the decision to BC early..dealing with the 2 textures AND trying to find styles for short hair was hard and stressful..

but i suggest you get some braids..you could also try rods..a transitioner on curlynikki site had short hair and she used rods to get a real cute curly look

http://www.curlynikki.com/search/label/TWA%20Styles

rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 4th September 2010, 3:06 pm

I definitely struggled through my transition with shorter hair. I started with a mid-cheek length bob. After 1.5 months of transitioning, I had several inches chopped and sported a pixie cut. I BC'd at the 3 month mark. You may have more patience than I did. Smile I don't regret the BC one bit. I'm glad to have the chance to learn about my hair from the beginning.

I agree with rayray...braids may be the way to go if you need a break during the cooler months.
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by ish2009 4th September 2010, 6:26 pm

thanks so im definitly not going to cut my hair anymore !

ish2009

Back to top Go down

Post by southerntrini 17th September 2010, 12:51 pm

im also growing out a short cut like rihanna. ive been using perm rods for curly looks but the nape area is hard for me because its so short i can barely roll it so it sticks out.

southerntrini

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyNMixed 17th September 2010, 2:44 pm

I had my hair cut into an ALMOST chin length A line bob, and it was difficult for me. Ended up chopping all the relaxed hair off after 2 and a half months. I had originally planned on growing it out and flat ironing it during the transition, but decided to stay away from heat. So, with bantu knots my scalp just felt so sore, even if I didn't pull them tight, so I decided to cut it off.
CurlyNMixed
CurlyNMixed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down