CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amla- to prevent loosening of Henna.

3 posters

Go down

Amla- to prevent loosening of Henna.  Empty Amla- to prevent loosening of Henna.

Post by afrolicious 3rd September 2010, 1:48 am

Ok ladies

I'm new to the use of "real" henna. I've done cassia a couple of times, and recently tried using a combination of cassia, amla, henna. I only left it on for 1 hour as I don't want the colour. I used black tea and cloves to darken the mix. Not a good idea as the acids are a bit iritating to the scalp and make your scalp itch!

My hair felt HEAVY!Smile But I still saw my regular curl pattern, just thicker, stonger and heavy. I just want to try the henna and amla w/o the cassia.
With others who have done an amla and henna mix have you noticed that if gives you the strenghtening treatment you need without the curl loosening? Even if it's slight did it revert shortly?

Please post your experiences. Thanks!

afrolicious

Back to top Go down

Amla- to prevent loosening of Henna.  Empty Re: Amla- to prevent loosening of Henna.

Post by freckledmom4 4th September 2010, 8:04 pm

I usually do not add amla to my henna because I want the color. I henna then amla 2 weeks later. Henna tends to loosen my curls just a tad, but my amla treatment pops them right back. This past week I added about 2 tbs of amla to my daughters henna mix which I did not allow to sit for dye release, but she still has and orange glow to her hair. It felt much stronger, but no change to her curls.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Amla- to prevent loosening of Henna.  Empty Re: Amla- to prevent loosening of Henna.

Post by afrolicious 4th September 2010, 11:57 pm

freckledmom4 wrote:I usually do not add amla to my henna because I want the color. I henna then amla 2 weeks later. Henna tends to loosen my curls just a tad, but my amla treatment pops them right back. This past week I added about 2 tbs of amla to my daughters henna mix which I did not allow to sit for dye release, but she still has and orange glow to her hair. It felt much stronger, but no change to her curls.

It's funny how those herbs still leave a colour. I left mine for only 50mins and I still saw the orange/yellow glow on my hair. I was wondering if I didn't wash it out enough, but there was no colour or anything after I had washed my hair. I don't know if it's due to porosity or not. That i find annoying. But if there has been no change to your or her curls that is a good sign. Yes the hair does feel stronger. How do you do your amla treatments?

afrolicious

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 5th September 2010, 5:56 pm

I mix the amla powder with enough hot water to make a paste and let it sit for about 15 mins. Then I add gvp conditioning balm (idk how much, just enough to make it creamy), about a tsp of honey, and a tsp of olive or coconut oil. I apply it to clean hai and let it sit for an hour. Then I rinse and leave-in and style.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by prettybrown213 5th October 2010, 11:44 am

I've done henna with amla (which I needed to do b/c without it, henna loosens my curl pattern and I don't want that again. I was so nervous the first 2 times)

I did my first amla treatment(no henna) last weekend and I LOVE it.
prettybrown213
prettybrown213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down