CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henna/Amla

3 posters

Go down

Henna/Amla Empty Henna/Amla

Post by NewlyNina 8th February 2010, 6:22 pm

Ok, so my first Henna/Amla order arrived last week and I plan to use it after I BC sometime this week (so excited!). But the problem is......I'm not sure how to mix it. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Just from reading I've learned that there are a lot of ways to do this (yogurt, tea, lemon juice, etc) but being that this will be my first attempt I would like good results. Any suggestions would be very helpful. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NewlyNina
NewlyNina

Back to top Go down

Henna/Amla Empty Re: Henna/Amla

Post by R2D2 8th February 2010, 7:44 pm

My first mix was 200g henna, 50g Amla, green tea mix and that was it. The results were okay, a little bit dry but not too bad once I co-washed the next day. I've since refined it to just henna and coconut milk and follow up with indigo and water - that works very well for me.

I think if you just see it as a work in progress that you can tweak and experiment with every time then you will get progressively better results. If you have naturally dry hair though, I would go easy on the lemon juice and maybe even leave it out altogether. I don't get any less dye release without lemon but that's just me.

Start out simple and then refine according to need.
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c) 9th February 2010, 2:07 am

I use 4 tblsp henna & 1 tblsp amla. I only use green tea & water...amla is already acidic so using lemon juice isnt necessary. go to hennaforhair.com nd download the ebook. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)

Back to top Go down

Post by NewlyNina 9th February 2010, 12:54 pm

@R2D2
@3c...finally

Thank you both for your input! I really appreciate it! I will also check out that ebook....

Thanks again!
NewlyNina
NewlyNina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down