CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aloe vera juice

+2
natchralme
priceless
6 posters

Go down

Aloe vera juice  Empty Aloe vera juice

Post by priceless 1st September 2010, 10:46 pm

So I brought some aloe vera juice to do my kimmay tube mix that everyone was raving about. After i finished with the mix i did not realize that i had to keep the aloe vera juice in the fridge. I immediately put it in there when I i realized that the bottle said store in the fridge after opening. But this is the kicker its been out under my sink for like 3 weeks? I guess i should throw it out? what do you all think it doesn't smell bad and i used it only twice since its been out and i did not see a difference. I probably need to be safe then sorry. Don't need no hair falling out.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Aloe vera juice  Empty Re: Aloe vera juice

Post by natchralme 1st September 2010, 11:33 pm

I'm glad you posted. I bought some AV juice for the exact same reason and opened it a few days ago (haven't made Kim's mix yet, though) to apply to my hair, & just left it on my dresser.

I don't know if you should throw it out. You know, AV juice is for drinking also. It's probably okay to still use on your hair, but you wouldn't want to drink it after leaving it out for 3 wks. I guess maybe some of the nutrient qualities may have dissipated, but I doubt it would harm your hair.

Anyway, those are my thoughts.
natchralme
natchralme

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 2nd September 2010, 12:17 am

Thanks. i was thinking that it was going to bad to drink (even though i was not going to drink it) didn't know whether it would be bad for my hair. Lets see if we have a little more post to see what others think maybe we can save it. lol
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by Lysheba89 2nd September 2010, 11:56 am

I bought a giant gallon+ sized bottle of aloe vera juice, for drinking and for adding to spritzes, conditioners...anything product I use actually. When I first got it, I didn't refrigerate it either.

Then when I realized that maybe it could go bad, I put in the fridge-like after a week and a half. But to be honest though, I doubt that it could go that bad, where it would harm your hair- a lot of things are stored under our sinks and in cabinets without going bad.

Like Natchralme said, I think that maybe it's effectiveness might be slightly altered, but that's it. Also, it's not like you're leaving the container/bottle open.

Oh and I found this article online! here: http://www.ehow.com/facts_5974958_aloe-vera-juice-storage-information.html
Lysheba89
Lysheba89

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 3rd September 2010, 12:54 am

ok i think i try to use it a little longer and see if there is going to any damage to my hair. looks like it will probably not be any but i am a dare devil so i try.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by MsKayDee 6th September 2010, 11:33 pm

OMG--so glad I saw this post. I too just brought some AV juice about a week or two ago and DID NOT SEE the instructions to refrigerate after opening (yikes!) . The instructions also were for drinking too so hopefully unless I was trying to digest it, the juice should be okay for my (our) hair. Please let us know if you notice anything different Priceless!
MsKayDee
MsKayDee

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzyrin 7th September 2010, 1:03 am

i have an aloe plant and i never put any of the juice from the plant in the fridge
Jazzyrin
Jazzyrin

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 7th September 2010, 11:46 pm

@ Jazzyrin

I also have an aloe plant how are you getting the juice out of it and how are you using it.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzyrin 8th September 2010, 11:00 am

@keAnia usually i just squeeze or scrape it out and use a whisk to make the hard parts to be smooth and i add some coconut oil bc to me aloe gel smells like sweaty pits then i rake it thru my whole head after my leave in condish
Jazzyrin
Jazzyrin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down