CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My mom is a petroleum pusher

3 posters

Go down

My mom is a petroleum pusher Empty My mom is a petroleum pusher

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 31st August 2010, 7:40 pm

So today my mom kept asking me if I need anything (since I have been to school). After continually telling her no she still kept asking so I told her. "Well I want some things for my hair." She had no problem with this. We went to Sallys and got some clips. While i was searching to replenish my Sauve conditioner, but didn't see it there my mom asked me for what I was looking for. Then she instantly said "Oh don't use that it's not going to mosturize your hair it's for white people." I really tried telling her I used it through my whole journey and I never had a problem with moisture but she wouldn't listen. It was kind of funny at first but when she got the sales person it I was annoyed. The sales person pointed out this leave in creme that she says keeps selling out. I looked at the ingredients and it said petroleum. Most of the things I use are natural ingredients except for my cheap shampoo and conditioner. I didnt want to waste my mom's money by getting it anyways so I said no. My mom just goes off saying "This girl has studied hair, but now you just think you know everything."

I told her "Petroleum just sits on your hair it's not that mosturizing."
She says "It goes in."

My mom cracks me up I'm not even offended. Who else goes through drama with their parents over ingredients?
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

My mom is a petroleum pusher Empty Re: My mom is a petroleum pusher

Post by Synamon89 1st September 2010, 12:53 pm

My mother and I go thru this kind of thing allll the time. She is relaxed, and when she washes her hair and blow dries it, she greases her scalp. I tell her that grease has bad ingredients in it and she should use other things. She gets an attitude and says, "Everybody doesn't have hair like you. Normal black people need grease applied to their scalp and hair." I ask her what does she mean, hair like mine? (I'm a type 3 something on most of my head, I'll have a pic soon) She says that normal black people have (and I quote)"slave shit, not that half white mess you have on your head!" Mind you, I'm not even half white lol I'm like wtf? It's funny to me because when I first BC'd after transitioning for 12 months, she insisted that she preferred my hair straight and that in her opinion I looked like something that came out of the 70s. She never tries any products I recommend... We go at it all the time. I think a lot of their mindset has to do with being brought up in the hot comb/foam roller days. I would post a pic where you could kind of see my hair but I had problems when I tried.

Synamon89

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 2nd September 2010, 10:10 am

Omg slave hair? That makes me angry. My mom has 3 type so idk why she even sees herself needing those type of hair products. I'm type 4 and I know I'll never use grease on my scalp ever again. I use this natural spray that gives my scalp protein.
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 2nd September 2010, 10:14 am

Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Synamon89 2nd September 2010, 9:14 pm

Thanks Lynnieluve I still had trouble but I'll get it eventually!

Synamon89

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down