CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alikay Naturals anyone?

3 posters

Go down

Alikay Naturals anyone? Empty Alikay Naturals anyone?

Post by ShortNSassie 24th August 2010, 1:24 pm

Has anyone tried Alikay naturals from YT BlackOnyx? I am really interested in the Lemongrass leavin and the shea yogurt. Tell me what you ladies think.
ShortNSassie
ShortNSassie

Back to top Go down

Alikay Naturals anyone? Empty Re: Alikay Naturals anyone?

Post by J.S.M. 18th December 2010, 3:45 am

I've tried the Lemongrass Leave-in, the Shea-Yogurt Hair Moisturizer, the Moisture Rich Parfait, the Moisturizing Black Soap Shampoo, the Cowash Me Cleansing Conditioner, the Caribbean Coconut Milk Conditioner, and the Essential 17 Hair Growth Oil. Here are my reviews:

- Lemongrass Leave-in: Awesome leave-in. I used it as my main moisturizer for a while during the winter, no other leave-ins on top of it or anything, and it made my hair incredibly soft and plushy. It also had a wonderful, lemony scent that was light and not overwhelming. I loved this leave-in, but it also made my hair shrink so much, most likely because of the glycerin.

- Shea-Yogurt Hair Moisturizer: I used this to seal in the moisture after I co-washed (without a leave-in) or after using the Lemongrass Leave-in, and it works wonderfully as a sealant. It left my hair very soft, non-greasy, and the softness lasted for hours. It also has a light, pleasant scent, but it is mostly just shea butter, so there's nothing really special about it.

- Moisture Rich Parfait: I used this as a sealant in the same way that I used the Shea-Yogurt, but I didn't like this one. I'm not sure why, but it left my hair feeling dry, probably because this is a light sealant and my hair is kind of porous, so it absorbed it much more quickly than it did the Shea-Yogurt. The scent was light, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I enjoyed the scents of the Shea-Yogurt and Lemongrass Leave-in.

- Moisturizing Black Soap Shampoo: I hated this shampoo. Black soap tends to leave my hair feeling very dry and stripped, and this shampoo was no exception. It's also very liquidy, about the consistency of water, which makes it quite easy to get into your eyes (trust me, I know that all too well). It doesn't smell like much of anything. If you use this, I suggest using it as a periodic clarifying shampoo, not a weekly product, because there's nothing moisturizing about it.

- Cowash Me Cleansing Conditioner: This conditioner was actually a decent co-wash. It left my hair feeling decently clean, but it made my scalp itch after a while and it left me with build-up (co-washing as an alternative to shampoo doesn't work too well for me because my hair is fine, my scalp is sensitive, and I get build-up so easily, so take my words with a grain of salt). I don't find this to be anything special, a cheap drugstore conditioner would work just as well. The scent is nauseating to me; it smells just like strawberry children's medicine.

- Caribbean Coconut Milk Conditioner: I loved this conditioner. It left my hair so soft, softer than any other conditioner I've tried ever has. Ever. It works wonderfully as a co-wash conditioner (to moisturize, not cleanse), and it smells delicious, like sweet coconuts. It's a light conditioner, though, so it might not provide enough moisture as a rinse-out conditioner after shampooing, depending on your hair. I still love it, though.

- Essential 17 Hair Growth Oil: I didn't use this product long enough to tell whether or not it aided me in hair growth, so I can't say much about that, but I liked this oil when I used it as a sealant. I just applied it to wet hair (I didn't co-wash or use a moisturizer underneath or anything), and it left my hair quite soft and plushy. The scent wasn't light, but it wasn't too strong, and it smelled like peppermint, so I found it pleasant. I liked this oil, but I stopped using it because one of the first ingredients is emu oil, which I didn't see when I bought it, and I'm a vegetarian (just a word of warning to those who care).

Overall, I like her products. They're simple, but very effective and almost completely natural and organic. However, honestly, I think her customer service sucks. I've had some bad experiences with her customer service, such as mixing my orders up with another customer's and over-charging me for shipping (and not refunding me the extra costs), so I'm trying to avoid buying from her unless need be, but I do like her products. HTH.

J.S.M.

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 18th December 2010, 3:09 pm

I've tried the lemon grass leave in and i didn't like it it was too watery in consistency for my liking i prefer creamier leave in's i haven't tried any other products she has
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down