CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

blessedone

3 posters

Go down

blessedone Empty blessedone

Post by blessedone 18th November 2009, 8:26 pm

I did a two strand twist on my hair which pretty much did not work out. It work on the new growth but i refused to work on the ends of my relaxed hair. So I just slick my hair back and called it a day. I was wondering how can I get it to work on my hair.blessedone Pictur11

blessedone

Back to top Go down

blessedone Empty Re: blessedone

Post by Courtie 19th November 2009, 10:52 am

Maybe I can help.

I do twist and curls or bantu knot-outs on my best friend's hair, who is transitioning. She's got about four inches of natural hair and about 7 inches of relaxed ends.

When I do her hair, first of all, I make sure it is about 1/2 dry. On my hair, it has to be soaking wet, but for her relaxed ends to get with the program, they have to be just a little damp. I also make sure to twist very smoothly and tightly. I never do plain twist-outs because the ends will just hang down. Usually I put flexi rods on the ends to do a twist and curl, but if I don't have them with me I simply twist them up into bantu knots, wait about an hour, then gently untwist the bantu knots and let the twists hang down until they dry. Knotting them up for a little bit at the beginning adds a spiral curl to the end.
Also, try using some gentle gel or holding cream on them. Just a little bit. Hope this helps!
Courtie
Courtie

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 19th November 2009, 12:15 pm

I agree..curling the relaxed ends help gives a uniformed look
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content