CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blessedone

4 posters

Go down

Blessedone Empty Blessedone

Post by blessedone 30th November 2009, 1:29 pm

I didn't know that me going natural would affect so many people. Okay here's the deal on saturday I did the big chop. I was unable to keep up with the transition phase so I just cut it all off. So, sun I went to my sister house which happens to be a sunday dinner. When I walked in the room it went silent you could hear a pin drop if a had one. Like a commited a great sin. Come on people it was just hair ! They immediately grab me and said was I okay did I need to talk. Talk about what I'm fine. So throughout the dinner I'm being asked am I okay, you should see someone for help or am I coming out.Blessedone Icon_evil I'm like wth is wrong with you people. They can not believe I would cut my hair like that. So it had to have some kind of meaning to it. It did I want to go natural and I'm happy with my decision. I love my family but they always seems to amaze me with the craziness. As far as my friends are concern some of them understand some don't but it's what I want and it makes me happy then they will learn to deal with it. Blessedone Icon_cool Blessedone Icon_biggrin Blessedone 02610

blessedone

Back to top Go down

Blessedone Empty Re: Blessedone

Post by Notthecoolmom 30th November 2009, 1:53 pm

My supervisor asked another supervisor if I was okay because my hair was past my shoulders when I did my BC. She said oh no, she just cuts her hair off from time to time (she's seen me grow it out and then do a short style before). He didn't tell me until afterwards, I just laughed. You just don't know how attached some people are to your hair until it's cut off. Just be thankful they care about you and want to make sure you're alright. And laugh, loud and hard.
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

https://www.youtube.com/user/Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenity23 8th December 2009, 3:25 pm

I know this isn't meant to be funny, but that smiley face man u put in that sentence made me die laughing. I'm sorry your family reacted that way, but in life we do what makes us happy. You don't have to check before hand with anyone else once you make a decision that effects you. Congrats on being brave! I hope your week has gotten better.
Serenity23
Serenity23

http://public.fotki.com/Serenity23/  http://www.curlynikki.forum

Back to top Go down

Post by charnaekinksncoils 26th February 2010, 12:14 pm

I am REALLY late posting this...But I can sooooo relate to your story.... When I did the BC, there was ZERO transition period for me. I was so ready to get the relaxer out of my hair that I went to a beauty salon and had them shave ALL of my hair off. I went from having past shoulder length hair to having next to none at all the next day....LOL! You can imagine the reaction I got from almost EVERYONE, and in their defense only two folks knew I was going to cut it all off. I must admit my mom took it the hardest. I had to come to her job to get something from her and she was ashamed that I was there... She was more surprised that I had NO HAIR on my head then the fact that I was going natural. And OMG I when I got to church the NEXT morning...LOL... Its hilarious now but I didn't find any humor then. People asked me the same questions like "are you ok?" or "Is there anything that I would like to tell them?" When my response was simply "I'm tired of the relaxer and I am going natural" I would get a blank stare and you could hear birds chirping Blessedone Icon_eek .... Others wouldn't bother saying anything they would just look at me like I was from outer space... Blessedone Affraid At first I had thoughts that maybe it wasn't the smartest decision...but girl FORGET THAT Blessedone Icon_biggrin .. LOL It was and will always be the best decision I've made in MY LIFE!....So I feel you lady!! If it is your desire you will eventually have hair that looks like this Blessedone Icon_rr (or at least has the potential too)!! Best wishes on your journey and I'm interested in seeing your hair growth thus far.
charnaekinksncoils
charnaekinksncoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down