CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for a big sis so I won't mess this thing up

2 posters

Go down

Looking for a big sis so I won't mess this thing up Empty Looking for a big sis so I won't mess this thing up

Post by freckledmom4 22nd August 2010, 7:05 pm

Hi Ladies,

I've been natural for about 2 months now and I'm looking for a big sister to help me so that I don't mess up too much during my first year natural ( I know mistakes are inevitable-I've made quite a few already). I'm really trying to focus on maintaining healthy hair so I can pass the knowledge on to my little curlies.

I'm not sure what type of hair I have but it is in the 4 category (some curls, s waves and pencil sized coils). My strands are mostly fine. I henna 1-2x/month for color and strength. If you could help me out I would appreciate it so much! Thanks.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Looking for a big sis so I won't mess this thing up Empty Re: Looking for a big sis so I won't mess this thing up

Post by diego2memphis 24th August 2010, 5:11 pm

Hello freckledmom4,

The good news is that mistakes are a part of the learning process. My advice would be to not let your natural hair care overwhelm you. Have fun with your natural hair. As long as you are not applying direct heat to your hair, your hair will be just fine. There's really nothing to mess up!

I'd be glad to help in any way that I can!
diego2memphis
diego2memphis

http://www.natural-ness.com/

Back to top Go down

Looking for a big sis so I won't mess this thing up Empty Re: Looking for a big sis so I won't mess this thing up

Post by freckledmom4 26th August 2010, 2:00 pm

Thanks D2M!

Right now I'm just trying to find ways to retain length and avoid damage by over manipulation. Retaining moisture is also an issue. Don't worry, I haven't used or don't plan on using heat.

Your coils are beautiful-btw.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down