CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to get hair to last past one day

+2
MEGAFAITH
bebe11
6 posters

Go down

How to get hair to last past one day Empty How to get hair to last past one day

Post by bebe11 21st August 2010, 7:52 pm

I think I've mastered popping curls with twist outs, especially the twist and curl method with shea butter, infusium 23 leave in and, recently, lotta body. However, I can never get my curls to last! The next day they've either fallen or are super frissy (I sleep on a satin pillow case). My hair is weird but I'm sure its somewhere in the 4 section and it hates oil based products, or oil in general.

What products do you use to get your curls to last for multiple days?

bebe11

Back to top Go down

How to get hair to last past one day Empty Re: How to get hair to last past one day

Post by MEGAFAITH 22nd August 2010, 4:27 pm

try sleeping with a bonnet it seems to keep the hair in place better then a satin pillow case
MEGAFAITH
MEGAFAITH

Back to top Go down

How to get hair to last past one day Empty Re: How to get hair to last past one day

Post by prettybrown213 2nd September 2010, 3:35 pm

You can try sleeping with a bonnet like Mega suggested or also retwisting the hair at night and then adding the bonnet. It works for me.
Also, doing the pineapple method works for me as well.
prettybrown213
prettybrown213

Back to top Go down

Post by trentgrou 18th December 2010, 6:25 am

The sweet almond mint is one of the simplest formulations, so it should work fine. If your hair is so long it is, you should actually spend more than 32 pumps. Wash it with plenty of inexpensive shampoo. Usually cheaper brands of shampoo to make hair color very quickly.

trentgrou

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 18th December 2010, 1:49 pm

Do you use any type of product on your hair while twisting? Try that and see what happens I use a product everytime I twist/coil my hair & I got a trim today as well so I hope that helps me w/frizz Maybe its time for a trim as well
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleOne 18th December 2010, 2:14 pm

Hi Bebe11,

Shine serum is the secret to 3+ day hair. Check out the tutorial in my sig to see how I do my twist out. The tutorial mentions Mixed Chicks Hair Silk, but CHI Silk Infusion, and Beyond the Zone Noodle Head Smoothing Serum are also good choices. Those serums put a nice coating on your hair to protect it from friction, which is what causes the style to frizz out. They also contain panthenol to strengthen your hair.

As the other ladies suggested, a bonnet will also help more than a pillowcase. Good luck! Please keep us posted!
LittleOne
LittleOne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down