CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone know if it would be okay to use pure (cooking) coconut oil

4 posters

Go down

Does anyone know if it would be okay to use pure (cooking) coconut oil  Empty Does anyone know if it would be okay to use pure (cooking) coconut oil

Post by hopefulcurls 18th August 2010, 7:14 pm

I just happen to run across it today at walmart. I have been looking around for it. It is one of the last oils that I want to try. I could never find it in the vitamin section and I did however find it at GNC, but this is cheaper.

Product's Description:
Recommended uses: coconut oil can be used in place Of butter, margarine, And liquid cooking oils ot saute And To pan fry foods. Excellent for popping popcorn. Makes non-greasy tortilla chips And taco shells. Coconut oil will become solid at 76 degrees temperature or lower And become liquid at temperatures 77 degrees And HIGHER.
•Non HYDROGENATED
•0G trans FAT
•KOSHER
•100% pure

Ingredients: Coconut Oil.

Here is the product's packaging:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
hopefulcurls
hopefulcurls

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know if it would be okay to use pure (cooking) coconut oil  Empty Re: Does anyone know if it would be okay to use pure (cooking) coconut oil

Post by rayray19 18th August 2010, 9:53 pm

i found this article about coconut oil on newlynatural.com

http://newlynatural.com/blog/category/coconut-oil/

hope it helps!! Very Happy
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know if it would be okay to use pure (cooking) coconut oil  Empty Re: Does anyone know if it would be okay to use pure (cooking) coconut oil

Post by hopefulcurls 19th August 2010, 4:47 pm

Thanks that was really interesting and informative! Very Happy
hopefulcurls
hopefulcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 20th August 2010, 3:06 pm

I usually buy the extra virgin coconut oil. Its gets solid when temperatures dip but its fine to use. We use coconut oil in my house all the time on our skin or in food.

It gives great flavor to rice, chicken and any dish that calls for a rich taste. It also taste great with fish. Here's a recipe from the food network http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/herb-mesa/5050-olive-oilcoconut-oil-blend-healthy-chicken-stir-fry-recipe/index.html
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hopefulcurls 20th August 2010, 5:20 pm

Thanks to you both. I decided against this brand & visited the vitamin shoppe and purchased organic evco instead! I can't wait to put it to its many uses! Thanks again for your help! woot!
hopefulcurls
hopefulcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Locs 27th August 2010, 2:52 am

Another Coconut Oil that I'm really fond of is Vatika (by Dabur)Enriched Coconut Hair Oil...it has the following ingredients:
Coconut Oil
Neem Oil
Brahami Oil
Fruit Extracts of Amla Oil
Henna
Rosemary and Lemon Oil to name a few...
I got from a nearby Indian Market and has a rich spicy sent! when I get out of the shower, I just put the Vatika Coconut Oil & Hair Food Oil from Dr. Sebi and that's it No conditioner unless I'm doing a co-wash. It will harden if it the temps get cooler but i usually run some hot water in the sink and let the container sit in hot water to solidify the coconut oil! My hair is definitely a lot softer and incredibly moisturized!
Locs
Locs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down