CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Survey on Black Women and Coming of Age in Hip Hop

3 posters

Go down

Survey on Black Women and Coming of Age in Hip Hop Empty Survey on Black Women and Coming of Age in Hip Hop

Post by afroseoulista 12th August 2010, 1:56 pm

Sisters,
My name is Mia and I'm a doctoral student at Maryland. I’m working on my dissertation project
on black women who came of age in the hip hop era and I’m calling on you all for
your help in bringing it to fruition. I
have created a survey which targets women
who identify as being of African descent
(African American, Afro-Caribbean, Afro-Latina, black, etc.) and were born in or between 1968 and 1982. The survey
asks questions about your musical tastes, reading habits and favorite movies
and television shows and will take you approximately 15-20 minutes.

I would deeply appreciate you taking the survey if you
qualify and/or passing it along to others who qualify or may know people who
qualify.

Please click on the link below or cut and paste the link in
a new window:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/browngirlsandhiphop

Much gratitude!

Mia
afroseoulista
afroseoulista

Back to top Go down

Survey on Black Women and Coming of Age in Hip Hop Empty Re: Survey on Black Women and Coming of Age in Hip Hop

Post by goombagirl 12th August 2010, 3:37 pm

That was actually fun! It brought back a lot of wonderful memories for me (I define important periods in my life by the popular music of the day). I did the survey at work and went to youtube some of the artists I listed. Thank you.
goombagirl
goombagirl

Back to top Go down

Survey on Black Women and Coming of Age in Hip Hop Empty Re: Survey on Black Women and Coming of Age in Hip Hop

Post by afroseoulista 12th August 2010, 3:42 pm

Great! I'm glad you enjoyed it...it does make you nostalgic, huh? Things are so different now...I guess because we're older now too Smile Thanks so much for taking the time to participate!
afroseoulista
afroseoulista

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 12th August 2010, 5:49 pm

I cannot wait to get home to take the survey. I want to get old school hip hop wasted, LOL!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by afroseoulista 12th August 2010, 8:34 pm

Yay, chrslvsbks! I think you will enjoy it and you are contributing to original research on black women of our generation! Thanks for the support. Smile
afroseoulista
afroseoulista

Back to top Go down

Post by afroseoulista 13th August 2010, 1:12 pm

bump! Smile
afroseoulista
afroseoulista

Back to top Go down

Post by afroseoulista 16th August 2010, 5:20 pm

The survey is still open and I need everyone's help! I truly appreciate those who have already given their precious time by taking it. Please feel free to pass it along to friends and family outside the Curly Nikki community.

Besos!
Afroseoulista
afroseoulista
afroseoulista

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down