CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help identifying hair type

4 posters

Go down

Help identifying hair type Empty Help identifying hair type

Post by Jahmila 5th August 2010, 7:09 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Hello all,

Just wondering what you would consider my hair type to be. It is fine in texture and this is what it looks like air dried with no product in it. The first picture is fromn 12 weeks post and the second is from 15 weeks post.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Any help is appreciated.

Jahmila

Back to top Go down

Help identifying hair type Empty Re: Help identifying hair type

Post by Lynnieluve 5th August 2010, 7:20 pm

You wont know your hair type until you Big Chop or until all the relaxed ends are gone. The relaxed ends weigh down your natural, which makes it hard to see what your true texture is.

How long do you plan to transitition?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahmila 5th August 2010, 7:43 pm

Thank you for responding I guess I have to wait and see. I plan to transition for 18 months or more.

Jahmila

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 5th August 2010, 7:53 pm

Oh wow!!! Good Luck!!!

I applaud long term transitioners. I transitioned for 4 months.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by MS. FAJA 6th August 2010, 12:27 am

I WAS THE SAME WAY CURIOUS ABT WUT KIND OF CURLS I HAD. I THOUGHT THEY WERE LOOSE CURLS BECAUSE THATS WUT MY HAIR LOOKED LIKE WHEN WET (B4 THE BC). SINCE IVE CUT THE RELAXED HAIR OFF IVE SEEN THAT MY RELAXED HAIR IS DIFFERENT FROM WUT I THOUGHT IT WAS,BUT I LOVE IT! BEFORE I SAW LOOSE CURLS NOW I SEE COILS (DEF 3C/4A). SO AS YOU CONTINUE TO TRANSITION AND EVENTUALLY BC YOU'LL SEE WUT TYPE OF CURLS YOU HVE
MS. FAJA
MS. FAJA

https://www.facebook.com/missfaja

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahmila 6th August 2010, 11:12 am

@ Lynnie thank you, I told my boyfriend I wouldn't BC so that this can be a smooth transition for the both of us lol.

@ Ms. Faja

The curiousity is killing me lol. The thing is that my relaxed hair doesn't seem to have any effect on my curls, because I have fine hair already my relaxed hair pretty much has no weight to it.

Jahmila

Back to top Go down

Post by MS. FAJA 6th August 2010, 11:36 am

I KNO WUT YOU MEAN!! MY RELAXED HAIR WAS REALLY FINE AND I KEPT IT SHORT ANYWAYS BUT STILL THE TYPE OF CURLS I SAW WITH THE RELAXED HAIR ARE DIFFERENT THAN WUT I THOUGHT. I WAS DEF ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE THAT WOULD LOOK AT OTHER CURLIES AND THINK THATS WHAT I WANT MY HAIR TO LOOK LIKE BUT I READ AN ARTICLE ON HERE ABOUT LOVING YOUR HAIR NO MATTER WHAT TYPE AND ( I THINK ITS CALLD NOT AS NAPPY...IDK) THATS WUT HELPD ME TO JUST BC! AND REALLY IM FINDING THAT I STILL HAVE FINE HAIR ITS JUST CURLY NOW!
MS. FAJA
MS. FAJA

Back to top Go down

Post by MS. FAJA 6th August 2010, 11:39 am

'Nappier Than Expected' Syndrome is the name of the article
MS. FAJA
MS. FAJA

Back to top Go down

Post by Treece 9th August 2010, 8:40 pm

When your hair grows out more you can cut a piece to see if it will change. I noticed no change when I cut a piece of hair in the front at 4 inches, but it was a loose 3b anyways. The picture in my avatar is mostly natural, there's like a sliver of relaxed hair on there lol. And that hangs more than the other pieces I've noticed, but I'm not sure what texture it was before it became "all natural".

I believe that moisturized hair is a hair's true state, but some may beg to differ. Wet hair is looser, and as it dries it will curl up, and so damp, not drenched, i think should be one's texture. No body wants dry hair! Razz Though curly or kinky hair tends to be drier than others.

Anyways, I hope that helps a bit! Smile

P.S. You can probably make an educated guess with a good amount of hair but 15 weeks is too early.
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahmila 10th August 2010, 9:34 am

@ Ms. Faja

Thank you I have read the article and I think it makes a great point, there are alot of women who get discouraged when they don't see the texture they want. I think I will be the reverse though and have "not as nappy as expected syndrome" because I'm expecting to have little beady beads all over my head lol.

@ Treece

I also agree that moisturized hair is your true texture, especially because dry hair is prone to breakage so how could it possibly be what your hair is supposed to be, if that makes any sense.

I am going to wait until I'm one year post to make a serious assumption, because I notice my hair changes eveytime I look.

Jahmila

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down