CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Natural hair dilemma

+2
krissyc39
MJbad
6 posters

Go down

Natural hair dilemma Empty Natural hair dilemma

Post by MJbad 2nd August 2010, 10:11 pm

Hi Ladies... I'm new this forum, I was hoping you could help me with a dilemma Im having...
To make my story short I decided to go natural when I was 16 right after graduation (2008)... I never bc'd I just gradually transitioned an trimmed, while in braids for most of my freshman year in college.
Summer 09 I highlighted my hair Rolling Eyes ... & in my opinion this was the longest my hair has been since I decided to go natural.
Natural hair dilemma Rhinp1
Shortly after I completely colored my hair because I liked the color the highlights gave...
Natural hair dilemma Mad0235

I think this caused serious damage to my hair... not to mention the heat damage from straightening and hard water damage.

Ive noticed my hair isnt as curly as used to be, I lost A LOT of length, and my hair has just seemed very dull lately

I'm seriously thing about that big chop Ive put ofs for 2 years, I want to start over, and give my hair a chance to grow back healthier... but I'm afraid... Any advice you have to give on me over coming my fears would be greatly appreciated =]
MJbad
MJbad

http://mahoghanij.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Natural hair dilemma Empty Re: Natural hair dilemma

Post by krissyc39 4th August 2010, 3:01 am

Short hair looks like it would really fit you! So if you're worried about looking like a boy or anything I doubt that's gonna be a problem. And look how amazing your mom (I'm assuming your mom) with her TWA Very Happy

If you don't want to cut right away and want to transition instead stop the straightening and get some intense deep conditioning/protein treatments. I'd recommend henna cause it's amazing! I know there are other naturals/transitioners who swear by protein treatments so maybe you could ask around.

I'm transitioning from a texturizer and I'm not planning on BCing so I treat both textures like silk and hey, with the henna treatments I've been doing, it actually feels like it too Smile
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by Barb-Noel 8th August 2010, 3:24 am

Hey,
I'm new to this also and Krissy I have a question for you would you recommend a texturizer to anyone and what exactly does it do for your hair? I have a whole lot of hair and I want to cut it off and start all over again because my hair is two different textures one side is 2a and the other is 3b. I wanted to get a texturizer for college and then let it grow out so that both sides of my hair to be evenly curly and not a disaster like mines and does the henna loosen your curls? I want to try it but I'm afraid that it might loosen my curls when I actually want to make my 2a side curlier.
Barb-Noel
Barb-Noel

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/BarbNoel

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 9th August 2010, 12:38 am

i just did my BC on Tuesday and I wasn't nervous at all!! but I know this isn't everyone reaction..the BC is definitely and BIG change and one you must be ready for too..if you are not physically,mentally and emotionally ready for a drastic cut then I suggest you hold off for a little bit..maybe you should try a protective style like braids..

but to overcome the fear or a BC you should do a lot of reasearch (this helped me out alot)..looking at ladies on youtube do there BC was so inspring to me and made me more anxious to cut my hair..ladies on youtube also have plenty of tutorials on how to style and take care of your TWA!! Im a big fan of MsVcharles,bambiix2, and sheacocoluv..they all have (or had) twa and have great styling videos

but I do agree with krissy a short cut would really fit you
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 9th August 2010, 12:21 pm

@ Barb-Noel A texturizer is like a mild relaxer. It loosens your curls but not to the point of dead straightness. I wouldn't recommend it for you simply because you want to make your hair curlier. I would look into amla, a ayuveradic herb that is known for revitalizing curls.

Maybe you could try like a quick braid-out or twist out. It should work at masking the two different textures
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by curlyempress 9th August 2010, 4:20 pm

@MJBad, I agree with RayRay19, you have to mentally prepare yourself for the big chop. I BC, but mines was like a mini BC. Just keep telling yourself, "it's going to grow back, it's only hair", because that is what I had to do to really go through with it.
curlyempress
curlyempress

http://www.sbnsexyblacknatural.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Barb-Noel 10th August 2010, 7:41 pm

Thanks Krissy and I do twist out and then bantu knot them but my 2a side always manages to become undefined while my 3b side just stays the same I donĀ“t know why that happens hopefully I can figure it out Thanks again.
Barb-Noel
Barb-Noel

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/BarbNoel

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 10th August 2010, 10:40 pm

@ BarbNoel Np Smile

@ MJbad Don't be a stranger! Tell us what's going on with your hair
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by jasikamarshel 14th August 2010, 7:06 am

When it comes to hair loss prevention, we should exercise due caution
when evaluating the products we choose to use,We must not simply be
swayed by other people's testimonials,you are also currently experiencing a great deal of loss of hair, it
would be best to consult your dermatologist first before you purchase
any prevention treatments, Know first what the cause of your problem is
and let your doctor prescribe the proper hair loss treatment for you,Sometimes, the cause may not be that drastic that all you need to do is
rest, eat the right diet, or engage yourself in proper exercise.

jasikamarshel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down