CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEED HAIR HELP

4 posters

Go down

NEED HAIR HELP  Empty NEED HAIR HELP

Post by slym_954 1st August 2010, 9:19 pm

currently transtioning; been going natural for about 2 years I see healthy results and growth in my hair finally. leaving middle sch. and going through high school i followed the trend of getting a perm but that didnt last long. I probably got 3-4 perms and didnt practice responsible hair care. i've had my share of weaves and am wearing a sew in now untill i figure out what to do with my natural hair. i was thinking of gettin a keratin treatment, or going to a dominican stylist. I want straight hair for a little bit but want to still practice hair care....
any suggestions or advice are greatly appreciated.
slym_954
slym_954

Back to top Go down

NEED HAIR HELP  Empty Re: NEED HAIR HELP

Post by NFW_THA_QUEEN13 2nd August 2010, 1:01 pm

I've been through the same thing. I'm going to high school this year too and I stopped getting relaxers after a few because I didn't take care of my hair the right way. I've been transitioning for 1 year since yesterday. But anyways, what I do to keep my hair healthy is keeping it in protective styles like buns, twist outs, curls, ponytails,etc. I deep condition my hair every other week with a hot oil treatment. I'll also do a protein treatment every other week too. I CoWash once a week since I'm still transitioning. I put Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in Conditioning Cream on my ends to seal and to protect them. Sew-INS are good for the hair while transitioning to help the hair grow out. Remember no matter what, keep your hair MOISTURIZED! This is my advice to you and btw...luv the profile picture!
NFW_THA_QUEEN13
NFW_THA_QUEEN13

Back to top Go down

Post by NFW_THA_QUEEN13 2nd August 2010, 1:04 pm

Oh and one more tip: stay on this forum to get tips from other topics as well and research on your own by looking up Youtube videos and searching freely. That's how I learned a lot about hair care and I'm still learning now.
NFW_THA_QUEEN13
NFW_THA_QUEEN13

Back to top Go down

Post by Bun_Ana 2nd August 2010, 5:29 pm

When I was transitioning, I did a lot of roller sets, which would give me the really big curls. Then I would wrap my hair at night and it would be pretty much straight in the morning with a lot of volume. There are lots of tutorials on youtube.
Bun_Ana
Bun_Ana

http://bunanamarie.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 4th August 2010, 2:54 am

If you transition by straightening your hair often you're gonna run the risk of heat damage. That might mean a second transition from the heat damaged hair which would suck.

There are plenty of natural options that you can do with little to no heat involved (rollerset, weaves, twist-outs, briad-outs etc.) but if you want the dead straight look be sure to use a heat protectant and moisturize and deep condition often.
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down