CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP...Face Breaking OUT!!!

+2
HappyCurly
FreeFroMonet
6 posters

Go down

HELP...Face Breaking OUT!!! Empty HELP...Face Breaking OUT!!!

Post by FreeFroMonet 30th July 2010, 4:27 pm

I Did my BC about 3 weeks ago started wearing it naturally curly 2 weeks ago and now my face is breaking out really bad. I have acne but I have never seen my acne this bad ever before in my entire life. I know that sounded a little dramatic but I'm freaking out. I figure it could come from the products I'm using and that maybe I touch my face too much....Any help on this matter. Ways to break habits? Products That would break my face out? Face products that might help? (I use proactive btw and it was workin pretty good) Anything would be helpful?
FreeFroMonet
FreeFroMonet

http://thisismonet.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

HELP...Face Breaking OUT!!! Empty Re: HELP...Face Breaking OUT!!!

Post by HappyCurly 30th July 2010, 6:06 pm

is it possible for you to let your hair be naked? i mean, go a week or maybe 2 without using any products? if not, then try just using them on the ends of your hair, so maybe they won't get on your scalp and run down to your face. then see if the acne lessens. i suppose your skin could be reacting to anything.

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by divinedesign 30th July 2010, 6:47 pm

Yeah! I had the same problem. What I do is do my hair first and if Ihave time let it dry then wash my face.If I don't have time I just try and squeeze as much product out as i can then I wash my face with Dove face bar.Smile

divinedesign

Back to top Go down

Post by CurliGoddess 30th July 2010, 7:04 pm

Are you using any oils on your hair?

When I first BC'd I was using TOO much of the thin oils (i.e. coconut and olive oils) this made myface breakout like crazy because once my head heated up, the oils they ran down my face.

I have recently nipped this issue in the bud by using a heavier oil that I adore (Castor Oil) and Raw whipped shea butter. Other that my leave-in, I dont need anything else.

This keps me moisturized for the whole week and I havent had an issue with acne since.

HTH
CurliGoddess
CurliGoddess

Back to top Go down

Post by lena73 30th July 2010, 7:50 pm

maybe use a spray bottle when you put on your oils (if you use)
use a towel that dries your really quick before you put product on

my skin broke out when i first BC and it was a matter of me using too much product - then with my PJism I realized that I should use certain products during winter b/c my skin changed with the weather
lena73
lena73

http://public.fotki.com/Sharita73/

Back to top Go down

Post by Indigo 30th July 2010, 11:15 pm

I use Nubian Heritage Shea Butter with Honey and Black Seed Oil, and it calms my skin every night.

Indigo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down