CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Checking Frozen Henna

3 posters

Go down

Checking Frozen Henna Empty Checking Frozen Henna

Post by BlakButterfli 24th July 2010, 8:55 pm

I am planning on a henna treatment tomorrow. I have a batch that I used back on the 4th of July, that has been in my freezer. I took it out once and thawed it out, because I was planning a treatment. I didn't have time, so back into the freezer it went.

I read online that to check to see if henna is still "good" and has dye release, you should put a small amount on the inside of your wrist, wait two minutes and then wipe it off. If you have a little spot of orange, the henna is still good. I did this and did not see any orange.

Should I toss it out? I'm wondering since I had defrosted it once, re-froze and am now attempting to defrost again has that made it lose its effectiveness?

Thanks!
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Checking Frozen Henna Empty Re: Checking Frozen Henna

Post by tatertotz 25th July 2010, 4:21 am

I'm not quite sure about the effectiveness of that wrist test but on the package of Rainbow Henna I used it stated that henna can stay fresh in the freezer for up to a year. The henna strand test I did before my 1st henna treatment didn't produce significant results so I'm not too trusting with these trials. Soooo in this case, since it's only been a few weeks I'd say go right ahead and use it up it should be fine.

HTH
tatertotz
tatertotz

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 25th July 2010, 4:59 pm

I had to warm up the frozen henna by placing it in a bowl of warm water before I saw dye release again. Try that before you throw it out.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 26th July 2010, 10:45 pm

Thanks guys. The henna defrosted fairly quickly, so I went ahead and did another treatment. The results weren't so great this time around and I say that only because my hair didn't feel the same as it did after the first henna I did with "fresh" henna.

But, I am going to keep it going. I can get the henna for about $2 a box (the same that I can get from Butters and Bars) from a local Indian market, so I'm still aiming to henna at least once a month. I think I am going to try mixing with coconut milk next time to see if the mix is different.
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down