CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It seems like I need a SUPER protein!

3 posters

Go down

It seems like I need a SUPER protein! Empty It seems like I need a SUPER protein!

Post by jonesskm 22nd July 2010, 11:17 pm

So recently I've been experiencing some breakage (little bits that come out when I run my fingers through my hair, which I know I shouldn't do but whatever...) and I decided to get Aubrey Organic's GPB conditioner as a DC. It smells wonderful and made my hair feel soft, but it still broke! Mind you, I am also using Giovanni Direct as a leave-in every wash-day, so I'm using a fair amount of protein in my regimen. Tonight I decided to DC with Aphogee 2 min, which again felt nice but didn't seem to curb my breakage (of course, I'll check back in a few days once I rinse my moisturizing DC out [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )

Any other natural heads out there who seem to be immune to protein?? I feel as though my hair laughs when I try and make it behave... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
jonesskm
jonesskm

Back to top Go down

It seems like I need a SUPER protein! Empty Re: It seems like I need a SUPER protein!

Post by ChrsLvsBks 23rd July 2010, 12:00 pm

I like Giovanni's Xtreme Protein Infusion (I think that's the name). It comes in a tube. Also, Curl Junkie Curl Fix is good. Others like Nexxus Emergencee.

Why do you think you need more protein? Is your hair fine and/or porous?
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

It seems like I need a SUPER protein! Empty Re: It seems like I need a SUPER protein!

Post by jonesskm 24th July 2010, 12:02 pm

From what I can tell, I think it's porous, because it dries very quickly and doesn't retain moisture well. Recently I've had a lot of split ends though, which makes me think that I need more protein. The thing is, no matter how much protein I use, I haven't ever experienced "protein overload" or anything...
jonesskm
jonesskm

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 17th September 2010, 12:00 am

Re:It seems like I need a SUPER protein!

Try Aubrey's Blue Green Algae Conditioning Mask.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down