CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

need a lathering non-sulfate shampoo

+5
WhosThatRedHead
Electrum
NylaCoils
Ms.Fenty
preciouscurlyp
9 posters

Go down

need a lathering non-sulfate shampoo Empty need a lathering non-sulfate shampoo

Post by preciouscurlyp 18th July 2010, 11:41 am

Hello!

So I've made the switch to using only natural shampoos. Right now I am using Desert Essence Organics Red Italian Grape Shampoo. I love the smell but I hate that it has no lather. Any recommendations for a cleansing natural shampoo that can give a girl some lather? Also, I need something that is inexpensive as I am a med school student on a budget.

Thanks!!!

preciouscurlyp

Back to top Go down

need a lathering non-sulfate shampoo Empty Re: need a lathering non-sulfate shampoo

Post by Ms.Fenty 18th July 2010, 12:39 pm

I've recently used Giovanni Smooth as Silk shampoo, and it lathers A LOT. Even though my hair didn't feel very stripped, I didn't like all that lather. Maybe because I got used to the Dr. Bronner's (which I stopped using), I think I'll try the Dessert Essence Organics that you used.
Ms.Fenty
Ms.Fenty

Back to top Go down

need a lathering non-sulfate shampoo Empty Re: need a lathering non-sulfate shampoo

Post by NylaCoils 18th July 2010, 12:55 pm

I am a no-poo kind of girl. I only co-wash. Having been asked my another natural, What do I use or recommend for shampoo? I quickly ran to my local Whole Foods to see what would make my approval list. I found several brands of shampoo.

Generic Brand of Whole Foods' 365
Conditioner and Shampoo price ranges from 3-5.
****Note Shampoo contains Disodium Cocoaphodipropionate- which will cause allergic reactions **nuts**
Aubrey Organics 9.49
Avalon Organics 9.49
Castile Soap
Giovanni Cosmetics
Hugo Naturals 12.99
Jason Naturals 9.99
Nature's Gate

Koils by Nature Eucalyptus & Lavender Cleanser koilsbynature.com
Curls Curl Junkie

Zipporah Beauty Citrus Shampoo www.zipporahbeauty.com
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Electrum 18th July 2010, 1:30 pm

I like Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Shampoo, it's been a staple of mine since before I decided to transition. (at least 6 months ago)
Electrum
Electrum

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 18th July 2010, 7:27 pm

Giovanni Smooth as Silk Shampoo

Aubrey Organics White Camellia Shampoo
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by KurlyK 18th July 2010, 10:01 pm

You can find Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat the 32 oz bottle at Tj Maxx or Marshalls for 12.99. Thats a really great deal!!! I love it!
KurlyK
KurlyK

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 18th July 2010, 10:16 pm

I've recently tried RenPure Organic "My Pretty hair is Parched" shampoo. The jury is still out but it is sulfate free and it lathers a lot. I bought it from CVS and it was around $4-$5, so not bad.

Last edited by CurlyChefRobin on 18th July 2010, 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 18th July 2010, 11:16 pm

trader joes shampoos lather a lot and sulfate free. i find that i like the tea tree tingle more than the other tj types. it costs four dollars if you can buy it in teh store.

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by JazmineB 18th July 2010, 11:41 pm

Trader Joes Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo. Its only $4, lathers up, and is all natural. You can't beat $4.

You can buy it at your local Trader Joe's or online. Its double the price online (NOT including shipping) though, so you should just go to a local store, if you have one.
JazmineB
JazmineB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down