CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am not my hair! The beginning of the real me :)

+21
ChrsLvsBks
CrissyQ
poeticlyspkng
CurlsGalore
MellowOne
Cnicoles6
cyclingchick
PaganWifey
newcurlieque
jlowman1
CocaColaCutie
Neems
Sasha B.
Juices-n-Berries
krazy coils
WhosThatRedHead
curlsunfurled
mstokes2008
Ebbz
sweetdrk1
BellaLuna
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

I am not my hair! The beginning of the real me :) - Page 2 Empty Re: I am not my hair! The beginning of the real me :)

Post by cyclingchick 16th July 2010, 9:26 pm

Congrats on the BC...you look great!
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

I am not my hair! The beginning of the real me :) - Page 2 Empty Re: I am not my hair! The beginning of the real me :)

Post by Cnicoles6 17th July 2010, 12:39 am

Welcome to Curl Street! Love your fro.
Cnicoles6
Cnicoles6

Back to top Go down

I am not my hair! The beginning of the real me :) - Page 2 Empty Happy!

Post by BellaLuna 17th July 2010, 12:48 am

Well ladies today was the first day I felt completely happy with my TWA. Yesterday was rough for me, I woke up and looked in the mirror and for the life of me I couldn't stop crying. I asked myself what the hell had I done? lol Needless to say I looked at the pictures fo my long relaxed hair and just couldn't see what I had been thinking the day before. Thank God I was blessed with the my dad because he saw I was down and offered to have a daddy/daughter day I am not my hair! The beginning of the real me :) - Page 2 Icon_biggrin . He let me vent and for the first time ever I told someone that I felt I was only pretty because I had long straight hair. I hid behind it, it was my security blanket and eventually it became me. My dad flat out told me, your hair didn't make you beautiful YOU made the hair beautiful. Something as simple as that changed my outlook on it. I am not my hair! My hair is me I am not my hair! The beginning of the real me :) - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
BellaLuna
BellaLuna

Back to top Go down

Post by newcurlieque 17th July 2010, 8:50 am

I agree with krazy coils, I think I baggied 2-3 nights per week right after my BC. Works wonders.
newcurlieque
newcurlieque

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 17th July 2010, 9:55 am

Welcome to CS! Congrats on your bc it looks great!
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 17th July 2010, 2:08 pm

Congrats and welcome to CS! Always happy to see new neighbors! It looks like you're a short term transitioner, too. I transitioned for 12 weeks. You are totally in good hands here!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

I am not my hair! The beginning of the real me :) - Page 2 Empty Help!

Post by BellaLuna 18th July 2010, 3:37 pm

My hair is feeling greasy, I just shampoo'd yesterday, could it be that I am using the wrong products?? Help!!!!
BellaLuna
BellaLuna

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 18th July 2010, 3:41 pm

Could be... what products are you using??
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 18th July 2010, 3:43 pm

It depends on what you may be using
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by BellaLuna 18th July 2010, 7:23 pm

I'm using sheamoisture Sad
BellaLuna
BellaLuna

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 18th July 2010, 7:30 pm

What's your routine?
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by BellaLuna 18th July 2010, 7:57 pm

I co-wash every day with Ms.Jerrie's conditioner Creme de la creme and then I apply the sheamoisture hair milk and curl enhancing pudding. When I go to bed I wrap my hair with a silk scarf. Thats about all I do.
BellaLuna
BellaLuna

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 18th July 2010, 10:22 pm

Well hello there! Welcome to Curl Street. I feel you on transitioning for a short time. Luckily I started in winter but I certainly chopped as soon as the weather started causing me problems! Your twa is lovely on you.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by BellaLuna 28th July 2010, 10:10 pm

Haven't written in a while and just wanted to update I am not my hair! The beginning of the real me :) - Page 2 Icon_smile . I am 2 weeks post-BC and I am loving it! I have started running this week and for the first time in years I didn't have to worry about my hair lol. LOVE IT!!!!! I am getting over my obsession with buying every hair care product because I have found products I love I am not my hair! The beginning of the real me :) - Page 2 Icon_smile . As a shampoo and conditioner I am using Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Moisturizing. Absolutely love this stuff!!!! I am big on scents and this one is MARVELOUS!!! For my leave-in I use Kinky Curly Knot Today and I style it with Kinky Curly Custard. The KCC has given me the best curl definition yet, but I have noticed that it can leave my hair a little crunchy if I don't add any oil. I apply jojoba oil right after styling my hair and I also use it at night before I go to bed.
The first week after my BC I was co-washing every day but I felt my hair wasn't reacting right so I went to co-washing every 2-3 days and it seems to be going well. I'm still in the learning stage so I did make a trip to my stylist so she could make sure I was doing good and not harm to my hair lol. She said I was doing great I am not my hair! The beginning of the real me :) - Page 2 Icon_smile . I will still be going to her every 6 weeks for her to monitor my progress until I get the hang of it. Just wanted to check in, I will be posting pics soon I am not my hair! The beginning of the real me :) - Page 2 Icon_smile .
BellaLuna
BellaLuna

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 28th July 2010, 10:48 pm

I commented on another thread you started. i though you were new, but I see you ahve been here a while. Well welcome again
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 3rd September 2010, 4:26 pm

Welcome to CN! Glad you are here. You are fortunate to have your dad make your day.

Look forward to following your journey.

Aubrey Organics conditioners are awesome!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 4th September 2010, 5:26 am

Welcome to Curl Street. Congrats on the big chop and running again.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 4th September 2010, 10:02 am

congrats bella! love ur story and i appreciate u opening up and bein honest about ur long hair being security. this is why i have a special place in my heart for women who take the plunge n just go for it. its hard to step outside that box and do something so out of the ordinary becuz its human that we fear change. for me...change is always good. its like a cleansing of some sort becuz u take that leap of faith into the unknown. but how will u ever know if u dont do it? ive always loved short do's becuz it shows YOU. anybody and everybody can rock long do's, that simple! but my eyes instantly goes to the girl who stands out. there are tons of nikki minaj's but only one amber rose Cool

ur gonna LOVE ur journey and every stage. ur sure nuff in great hands becuz u learn somethin new everyday with these laydeez. get a hair journal where u write down whatever feelings ur having, product finds and any changes products n styles do for your hair to tweak em for next time. dont let the PJism fool you. im glad u got it under control...i wish i wouldve had that kinda control in the beginning Rolling Eyes
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by BellaLuna 14th October 2010, 10:19 pm

I have been gone for a little bit due to a crazy schedule but I wanted to update my journey Very Happy . My current avi is 6 weeks post BC but I am now 3 months post BC and have noticed soooo much growth!!! I never expected it to grow as fast as it has. I had my hair dyed and I am quick to admit I HATE the color and can't wait for it to grow out. I will never ever color it again, too traumatic lol. The girls (what I call my curls) did not appreciate it one bit lol. I will be trying henna as soon as I found out if it is safe to use on previous colored hair. Does anyone know if it is safe to use henna after a color?
BellaLuna
BellaLuna

Back to top Go down

Post by Treece 14th October 2010, 10:47 pm

Welcome Bella, your father story was heart warming, it's great when women can have a positive male role model in their lives. I still love your avi though even if it's "old". Razz

I can't answer the henna question though, never used it.
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by BellaLuna 14th October 2010, 10:58 pm

@Treece thanks! I haven't taken a recent pic because I don't like the new color I have lol. As soon as its fixed I will be posting pics Very Happy
BellaLuna
BellaLuna

Back to top Go down

Post by Treece 15th October 2010, 12:31 am

Can't wait to see your growth then! what color is your hair now? If you mentioned it I missed it.
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 15th October 2010, 12:58 am

The hair is still looking great! Very Happy

It is safe to henna over chemical color. I did it while transitioning. Just make sure it's pure henna with no additives/chemicals. I'd recommend Jamila henna. I got mine from Butters-n-bars.com. It's a great brand, Curly Nikki uses it as well.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by BellaLuna 15th October 2010, 10:50 am

@treece is an auburn/copper looking Sad . I wanted mocha but it didn't work out.
@jlowman1 Thanks! Will the henna darken it? I'm scared it will look even more orange after henna and I really don't want that
BellaLuna
BellaLuna

Back to top Go down

I am not my hair! The beginning of the real me :) - Page 2 Empty Miss Jessie

Post by BellaLuna 17th October 2010, 10:57 am

So I went out and bought Miss Jessie's buttercreme yesterday for a whopping $58 only to see the curl definition does not beat Kinky Curly. The buttercreme does leave my hair softer but the frizziness drives me crazy! Have any of you ladies used Miss Jessie's products? Maybe I'm using it wrong
BellaLuna
BellaLuna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next